• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Started now the tests on masterley DAC modules

The DAC module of masterley work good with optical input but it have a big problem on usb input.

I have tested it with my Amonero module and Lundahl ouptu transformers.

Using the usb input the output signal is 30% sound and 70% digital noise.

Probably the ES9018 chip have problems and it should be replaced.

You have exactly the same problem ?

No. Looks like we both posted messages at the same time. In mine, via USB, DSD plays fine. PCM is completely silent. I think with masterkey, his output was noisy. I think it probably is the firmware, that's why I wanted quanghao to send me a amanero + controller + cable + firmware programmer to try first. If things don't work, then I would have to return everything to test properly.

No. Looks like we both posted messages at the same time. In mine, via USB, DSD plays fine. PCM is completely silent. I think with masterkey, his output was noisy. I think it probably is the firmware, that's why I wanted quanghao to send me a amanero + controller + cable + firmware programmer to try first. If things don't work, then I would have to return everything to test properly.

What player are you using ?

please add your problem

This is the current list:

1) Erlend Sæterdal [SOLVED]
problem: lcd does not work
solution: the lcd controller module has be replaced

2) bertchai [ I need more details on this problem ]

3) smoothquark
problem: with USB input DSD plays fine but PCM is completely silent
solution: Amanero, controller and flat cable will be changed

4) masterkey [SOLVED]
problem: no work with usb input but work good with coax and optical input
solution: masterley will receive a new DAC module

5) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

6) MattMax - [tested ?]
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

7) smoothquark - standby version
solution: the DAC will be send back to Quanghao to check the problem

8) Erlend Sæterdal [ tested ?]
problem: More than 11 mv offset with OPA 1612
solution: have you tested different op-amp ? have you apply the mod. #1586 ?

9) bertchai [tested ?]
problem: using Mac 0.5s at the beginning of the song is missing/silent
solution: try the version with automute delay reduced, post #1724

10) Some [SOLVED]
problem: Amanero USB module not recognized from PC
solution: the USB pins on pcb touch the DAC shield, so cut this

11) Some [SOLVED]
problem: lcd wrong characters
solution: change the flat cable or solder the wires

12) Many [SOLVED]
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

13) Many [SOLVED]
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem

please add your problem

This is the current list:

1) Erlend Sæterdal [SOLVED]
problem: lcd does not work
solution: the lcd controller module has be replaced

2) smoothquark
problem: with USB input DSD plays fine but PCM is completely silent
solution: Amanero, controller and flat cable will be changed

3) masterkey [SOLVED]
problem: no work with usb input but work good with coax and optical input
solution: masterley will receive a new DAC module

4) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

5) MattMax - [tested ?]
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

6) Erlend Sæterdal [ tested ?]
problem: More than 11 mv offset with OPA 1612
solution: have you tested different op-amp ? have you apply the mod. #1586 ?

7) bertchai [tested ?]
problem: using Mac 0.5s at the beginning of the song is missing/silent
solution: try the version with automute delay reduced, post #1724

8) Some [SOLVED]
problem: Amanero USB module not recognized from PC
solution: the USB pins on pcb touch the DAC shield, so cut this

9) Some [SOLVED]
problem: lcd wrong characters
solution: change the flat cable or solder the wires

10) Many [SOLVED]
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

11) Many [SOLVED]
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem

hi Andrea & Quanghao,

I have usb problem too. I tried a lots of variaton in most of it there was no music at all in the actual there is some.
The configuration: controller firmware version is 56a (I have no Pickit2);
Amanero firmware 1.080, no channels swap (with channels swap I got only noise or no sound).
Windows Vista, Amanero usb driver 1.0.56;
Usb power, J3 jumper was taken out;
Any problem in this configuration?

Amanero and Foobar2000 seems to work before dac switched on. When usb connected and dac switched on and usb link choosed (not playing music in foobar) on the dac's screen is Pcm 44 khz,lock.
With ds driver (everything is converted to 44) OK, only no dsd sound
With Wasapi event driver playing 44.1 khz is OK, playing 48 khz - music, sometimes distorted sometimes not.
Playing 88.2,96,192 khz distorted and slower than normal, dsd no sound.
The dac's screen is always 44 khz and lock except when I stop the song, then the played song 's true frequency.

I have an Xmos board with an 5102 dac from Joro from a neighbour thread it worked perfectly with Wasapi until 352 khz. This dac can not play dsd it has to be converted to (352) pcm. I uninstalled Xmos driver after a while for not to interfere with Amanero.

The dac is working from coax input on 44 and 48 khz, on higher not. That 96 what is good for my other equipments is not working, but the dac is without a box yet.

UPDATE!

I installed the KS(kernel streaming) driver again what with I had no success earlier. It is playing 44,48,96. Now "44k lock" is on the dac screen always when I switch on the dac, when I start to play a song etc. except when I stop the song and after that I continue it. Then the frequency is right until I not choose an other track. No dsd.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.