• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi smoothquark!

Ok,
i will sent to you :
1. new USB = 1
2. 1. x New volume cotrole kit = 1 ( the volume not have standby- )
3. PIC programmer= 1

thanks
quanghao

add a pair of flat cable (Controller to DAC module)

In any case I prefer you wait my test on masterkey DAC because the problem could be on DAC module.

Smoothquark have the same problem of masterkey + switch-on.

Thanks very much to both of you. Still playing with my amanero - reflashed the amanero and now the distortion when playing DSD is much, much better! Really confused now:confused:! Still no sound on playing PCM samples. But, when switching samples quickly, I think I noticed sound on a PCM sample for less than 1 sec. I really do think it has something to do with muting / unmuting on the DAC? Can I please ask if there is any specific changes I need to make using the Amanero config tool?

Thanks very much to both of you. Still playing with my amanero - reflashed the amanero and now the distortion when playing DSD is much, much better! Really confused now:confused:! Still no sound on playing PCM samples. But, when switching samples quickly, I think I noticed sound on a PCM sample for less than 1 sec. I really do think it has something to do with muting / unmuting on the DAC? Can I please ask if there is any specific changes I need to make using the Amanero config tool?

Now you have the last firmware on Amanero without any setting ?

Could you try to use Kernel Streaming driver on Foobar2000 ?

Download foobar2000 and optional components

and for the component download here

foobar2000: Components Repository - Kernel Streaming support

and put the file in C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components

you will see in the output devices KS: Amanero

Now you have the last firmware on Amanero without any setting ?

Could you try to use Kernel Streaming driver on Foobar2000 ?

Download foobar2000 and optional components

and for the component download here

foobar2000: Components Repository - Kernel Streaming support

and put the file in C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components

you will see in the output devices KS: Amanero

Tried with foobar - first as above and then added on DSD support. Consistent results - DSD plays OK (no more distortion) but PCM is silent. Display says "lock" and the correct rate, just no sound. If PCM is converted to DSD, sounds play. This now what I have found in foobar, jriver and hqplayer(linux). So, something wrong with PCM play back .... :(

Tried with foobar - first as above and then added on DSD support. Consistent results - DSD plays OK (no more distortion) but PCM is silent. Display says "lock" and the correct rate, just no sound. If PCM is converted to DSD, sounds play. This now what I have found in foobar, jriver and hqplayer(linux). So, something wrong with PCM play back .... :(

This is very strange, the PCM share the same wires with the DSD and the controller with the remap set the DAC chip to accept both types.

I think this is a problem of the Amanero module.

please add your problem

This is the current list:

1) Erlend Sæterdal [SOLVED]
problem: lcd does not work
solution: the lcd controller module has be replaced

2) masterkey, bertchai, smoothquark
problem: no work with usb input
solution: masterley have sent to me the DAC module and Amanero module to make a test, the other persons can have the same problem so please wait my test, not arrived yet!

3) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

4) MattMax - [tested ?]
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

5) smoothquark - standby version
solution: the DAC will be send back to Quanghao to check the problem

6) Erlend Sæterdal [ tested ?]
problem: More than 11 mv offset with OPA 1612
solution: have you tested different op-amp ? have you apply the mod. #1586 ?

7) bertchai [tested ?]
problem: using Mac 0.5s at the beginning of the song is missing/silent
solution: try the version with automute delay reduced, post #1724

8) Some [SOLVED]
problem: Amanero USB module not recognized from PC
solution: the USB pins on pcb touch the DAC shield, so cut this

9) Some [SOLVED]
problem: lcd wrong characters
solution: change the flat cable or solder the wires

10) Many [SOLVED]
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

11) Many [SOLVED]
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.