• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to create a list of all person problems still opened:

1) Erlend Sæterdal problem: lcd does not work solution: it will be replaced
2) masterkey problem: sound bad on usb input status: still to anlyze
3) ....

please add your problem

I'm experiencing a humming sound when using the USB Amanero input. The tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute. If I connect my amplifiers (Hypex Ncore) to a different source, all is dead quiet.
Could this be resolved with the solutions from post #1586?

Hi Audiodesign,
have another problem with usb amanero, sound is very distort.
I have carefully followed the procedure on your site, the amanero reprogrammed several times, but the signal is always the same, when it plays sounds lcd displays various numbers and at the end of the sounds the correct frequency.
some suggestions. :confused:

thanks advance.

PLESAE TAKE OUT THE JUM * UsB * in the PCB dac out!
thanks

Attachments

• Jum-USB.jpg
    Jum-USB.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
problems still opened for some people

1) Erlend Sæterdal
problem: lcd does not work
solution: it will be replaced after check connections

2) masterkey
problem: sound bad on usb input
solution: remove usb jump on DAC if you are using Amanero without remove the regulator

3) Erlend Sæterdal
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: try to eliminate the 75ohm and add a capacitor after the input transformer.

4) MattMax
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

5) Many
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

6) Many
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem

Last edited:

please add your problem

Thanks! Will report progress later this week.
To help others find all relevant information and to make sure I understand all required mods correctly, I've compiled an overview below.

Could you please add a more detailed close-up for the shunt regulator mods? I think I understand Caad's picture, but it is quite difficult to see the exact connections. An additional picture of where to remove R9 and R10 resistors could be valuable for others as well, just to be sure.

Oscillation on shunt regulators (post #1586):
After receiving the final version of DAC modules we have detected a very little oscillations on shunt regulators in high frequency range (about 150KHz).

Measurements and simulations made with the collaboration of CAAD allowed to find a simple solution to this problem.

To make this modifications are not necessarily required SMD components but if you want to use SMD and you have problems to find these components you can ask to Quang Hào.

1) Remove R9 on op-amp modules (as suggested before)
2) Remove R10 on op-amp modules (as suggested before)

The following modification must only be made only on +1.2V , +3,3V and +15V shunt regulators.

3) Add 100n X7R as described on attached pic -->All are X7R (better dialectric compared to U5r , Z5R etc)
4) Add 1uF X7R as described on attached pic -->All are X7R (better dialectric compared to U5r , Z5R etc)

These modifications also will reduce the temperature on the shunt of the op-amp module.
371914d1379530274-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-osc-opa2134_2.png

Mods on OP2134 shunts (post #1626):
Please remove the power supply jumpers before applying these capacitors and check the voltage before reconnecting the jumpers.
372329d1379750257-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-2134mod.jpg

Hum with Amanero USB input (post #1653):
Remove jumper if you use power from computer for USB connection to Amanero.
372859d1379997220-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-jum-usb.jpg

Could you please add a more detailed close-up for the shunt regulator mods? I think I understand Caad's picture, but it is quite difficult to see the exact connections. An additional picture of where to remove R9 and R10 resistors could be valuable for others as well, just to be sure.

There are 2 capacitors to add for any positive shunt

the first cap 1uF is on pin 1-2 OPA2134
the second cap 0.1uF on pin 6-7 OPA2134

if you use SMD caps you can follow my photo

if you use normal caps follow the Caad photo

R9 and R10 resistors are only on OP-amp modules and these should be eliminate

Last edited:
upgrade and problems still opened

1) Erlend Sæterdal
problem: lcd does not work
solution: a new controller should be sent to be replaced

2) masterkey
problem: sound bad on usb input with 2 Amanero modules and click on left channel
solution: he will test this evening left channel in voltage mode without op-amp module
there is the possibility that some pin of ES9018 have problems.

3) Erlend Sæterdal
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: try to eliminate the 75ohm and add a capacitor after the input transformer.
news about ?

4) MattMax
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output
new about ?

5) Upgrade - Many
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

6) Upgrade - Many
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.