• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scudo DAC:
1. sipo75
2. Domi_78
3. bobkojek
4. Erlend Sæterdal
5. danielkol * 2
7. kmajjo * 6
8. xtomm
9. MattMax
10. Gricko
11. Luizl
12. Misterrogers
13. randytsuch
14: CAAD
15: GLT
16: axeexa (antony_shih)
17: bertchai
18: TarnishedEars
19: smoothquark (con completo DAC)
20: rliyung / raoul
21: masterkey (con completo DAC) *
22: danny_66
23: Yildiray
24: Boxi80
25: halook *
26: kgkim * 6
27. rredline **
28. la1209
29. kimgiin
30. NicMac
31.vitalica * 2 pezzi
32. meintan
33. claudio52

Added some of the white connectors to my shield order below:

1. sipo75
2. Domi_78
3. bobkojek
4. Erlend Sæterdal
5. danielkol * 2
7. kmajjo * 6
8. xtomm
9. MattMax
10. Gricko
11. Luizl
12. Misterrogers
13. randytsuch
14: CAAD
15: GLT
16: axeexa (antony_shih)
17: bertchai
18: TarnishedEars + 10 of the white 4-pin I/V connectors
19: smoothquark (con completo DAC)
20: rliyung / raoul
21: masterkey (con completo DAC) *
22: danny_66
23: Yildiray
24: Boxi80
25: halook *
26: kgkim * 6
27. rredline **
28. la1209
29. kimgiin
30. NicMac
31.vitalica * 2 pezzi
32. meintan
33. claudio52

Hi Quanghao and Andrea,

Is it possible to use the XLR and RCA output simultaneously? I'd like to use the XLR output for my main amplifier and the RCA output for a separate plate amp for a subwoofer.
Thanks.

The RCA and XLR are in parallel so you can use both output simultaneously but for the best result the subwoofer input impedance should be higher than other amplifier, in any case this condition is not necessary to work with both output.

Today, just about dac shield, I am conducting welding for you.

invite you to see

Attachments

• shield DAC 32.1.jpg
    shield DAC 32.1.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 361
  • shield DAC 32.2.jpg
    shield DAC 32.2.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 349
  • shield DAC 32.3.jpg
    shield DAC 32.3.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 324
The RCA and XLR are in parallel so you can use both output simultaneously but for the best result the subwoofer input impedance should be higher than other amplifier, in any case this condition is not necessary to work with both output.

Thanks. Would you mind to give some additional explanation? Based on your feedback I won't get optimal results in my case. I'm using a Rythmik plate amp for the subwoofer (A370PEQ) with 30 kOhm input impedance.
My main amps (2 Hypex Ncore monoblocks, balanced) have a higher input impedance. This is 104 kOhm.

What would be the best way to connect both the subwoofer and main amps in this case, without sacrificing audio quality?

Got mine wired up too, installing drivers took more time than assembly. Packaging was a bit thin as mentioned by others. However my case was not dropped, only shaken as the board was hanging by one bolt and the screws for the power connectors was rattling inside the chassis. Supplying screws for the XLR connectors was nice :), however missing correct length standoff for the Amanero board (no biggie). Sounding great so far. I'll wait with the tin shield until those new output boards are perfected and possibly order both at once.

Thanks a ton for the time and effort in putting this GB together.

-Rgs

Attachments

• dacR.JPG
    dacR.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 306
Hello everybody
I received mine a few days ago, but got the time to test it only yesterday...
and I wasn't getting any sound out of it!
I tried only USB for the moment, I connected the transformer and two RCAs for output, then plugged the OP and powered
the system power up, and show DSD USB lock on the display. I can control everything from the panel, but no sound using Foobar and all the drivers installed (onto 2 different PC, with Windows 7 and Windows 8)
Any suggestion? The modification of the Amanero is absolutely necessary for playing?
This evening I will also try coax...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.