• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...Replace the tiny defective onboard LMV7219 with an authentic LMV7219 (keep the 75R resistor and add a 0.1u capacitor after the input transformer) will solve the problem. You may also replace the LMV7219 on the AES input as well.
- Do not not forget to cut the layer before placing the 0.1uF capacitor.

Attachments

• DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 458
I have received today the DAC module and I have the same problem.

Lock only until 48KHz on COAX and AES/EBU input.

I have ordered a new pair of LMV7219 chips.

Hello Andrea ,
I ordered three new pairs of LMV7219 chips from Radiospare.
I tried to desoldering chips but it's not the right way to do it , one layer was also removed !
The best way is to cut chip with pliers, then desoldering the remaining.
If you have an other solution, please tell us.
Br
Jacky

Hello Andrea ,
I ordered three new pairs of LMV7219 chips from Radiospare.
I tried to desoldering chips but it's not the right way to do it , one layer was also removed !
The best way is to cut chip with pliers, then desoldering the remaining.
If you have an other solution, please tell us.
Br
Jacky

I think to use this method also if it is not easy cut this little pins

I have used this method to solder but to desolder this is not easy

Hi..
If there is to many pins on the chip for desolder, you could cut the pins one by one and then desolder the cutted pins from the solderpad.
After all pins has been desolderd, clean the solder pads for solder using solderwick.
Now the solder pad is ready for a new chip.

BTW: I'm lucky to have a Hot air solder/desolder system. This makes things a lot easier.

Hello Andrea ,

Some desoldering methods,

1) Drop in one big blob of solder onto the chip (covering all pins), then desolder it. Use soldering pump or wick to remove excess solder on PCB.
How to Remove SMD Resistors & Capacitors Using a Regular Soldering Iron - YouTube

OR
2) Cut all pins, remove chip, then desolder the pins
OR
2) Connect all pins on each side with solder, then use 2 soldering irons to desolder it.

OR
3) Use Chip Qick or Zephyrtronics LowMelt desolder wire.
SMD Removal using a Chip Quik kit - YouTube
Low Melt DeSolder Wire, Low-Temp SMD De-Soldering Removes Chip Quick & Easy

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.