• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all
I have been very busy so have only just begun trying to assemble my DAC. It is an early model so I will have to make all the modifications. Never mind, this is DIY so its all part of the fun LOL
I have one question (I promise I have searched and in fact have read through the whole thread to get up to speed). I am trying to upgrade the Amenero firmware as per instructions on here:
ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System*
But it is not clear to me where to obtain latest firmware (1.58?)
I am running ConfigOEM109.exe, 'Firmware Update' tab.
The only firmwares listed in the drop down list (next to 'Download firmware' button) are
firmware 1074
firmware 1080
bitclk_test

So where do I get firmware 1.58?

Cheers

load the firmware 1080

Nice setup!
Noticed that you have cut the AES push pin... without the designated tool, it really is a pain to take out! I've decided not to put it back after it was out.
Consider using an EMI filter to suppress power noice?

I am thinking of some mods but will require the back panel rremoving. I presume I would need this "tool" to remove the AES push pin if I want to remove the back panel? Where can I get this tool? Thanks.

I am thinking of some mods but will require the back panel rremoving. I presume I would need this "tool" to remove the AES push pin if I want to remove the back panel? Where can I get this tool? Thanks.

Insert a small flat screw driver here and keep pushing downward, then pull the pin out from the front.

Attachments

• DSC_0242.jpg
    DSC_0242.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 289
Andrea, any progress on the updated standby firmware? Still keen on a 12V trigger to turn my amplifier on and off, but would require a delay so that the amp turns on after the DAC (1 sec?) but turns off before the DAC. There are a few pins and jumpers on my controller board but without the schematics, cannot tell whether I can use any of them easily.

Andrea, any progress on the updated standby firmware? Still keen on a 12V trigger to turn my amplifier on and off, but would require a delay so that the amp turns on after the DAC (1 sec?) but turns off before the DAC. There are a few pins and jumpers on my controller board but without the schematics, cannot tell whether I can use any of them easily.

This evening I am working for you on standby environment and firmware.

Have you seen my modification on output stage to bypass the voltage amplifier (first op-amp) and use only the differential (the second op-amp) ?

Hi Andrea. You mean like your schematic in post 1859 - the second circuit in that post?
Is OPA2134 the recommended opamp or can we try other dual opamp?
Has anybody tried this circuit with other opamps?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.