• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[...] There are much better measures of the quality of a product than the offset.

Sorry, of course, but ... :no:

1. A reference DAC should be trimmed when leaving the factory, but obviously there were luckily just some jumpers missing as Corpius reported later.

2. Read what user EchoWars on AudioKarma wrote about speaker level dc offsets here and multiply it by the fact that we are talking line level outputs by a reference DAC here.

With best regards

Hazel

I also want your DAC

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. flocchini - option 9 without any output stage (1+3+4+5 assembled). I already purchased LL1684 board and will add it myself
8. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
9. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
10. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
11. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
12. Sugden - (option 9)Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
13. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
14. mjensen - (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
15.ingemar-(option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.Gergar-(option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
17.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
18. Losflacos - (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230VAC)
19. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote

Posted from latest list at #723

Please let me know the amount and payment details.
Kind regards

Hi all,

can somebody explain the procedure to reduce the DC output? The information above is not enough for me.

1. Which jumpers must be set or removed?

2. Where do you measure the DC? Simply on output or at the resistors in the pic.

3. In my output stage there are both jumpers set: J+ and J- . The back and the front one. Before these ones there are 2 further jumpers J2, J5 set in the line with 6 jumpers.

Has J+ to be removed completely or only for measurement?

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Hi all,

can somebody explain the procedure to reduce the DC output? The information above is not enough for me.

2. Where do you measure the DC? Simply on output or at the resistors in the pic.

3. In my output stage there are both jumpers set: J+ and J- . The back and the front one. Before these ones there are 2 further jumpers J2, J5 set in the line with 6 jumpers.

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Measure at the output.
Use a DDM in mV (DC) mode.
Do keep the jumpers in place. My DAC has less than 1 mV DC at the outputs after about 10 seconds, so give the circuits some time to stabilize before you start measuring and make sure that the relays have attenuated.

For single ended outputs you van place the positive probe inside the connector and hold the negative probe against the outside (gnd) of the connector.

For the balanced outputs you can still keep holding the negative probe against the outside of the single ended connector and place the positive probe against pins inside the connector.

EDIT: I advise you not to measure for DC at the resistors or at any other point on the PCB. The probes would easily slip and create a short circuit!

Last edited:
buyer list

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. flocchini - option 9 without any output stage (1+3+4+5 assembled). I already purchased LL1684 board and will add it myself
8. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
9. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
10. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
11. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
12. Sugden - (option 9)Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
13. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
14. mjensen - (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
15.ingemar-(option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.Gergar-(option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
17.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
18. Losflacos - (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230VAC)
19. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
20.okankav-option 9 complete assembled dac with lundahl ll1684 output satge (230v)

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Juergen,

Please see Quanghou's post #732:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quan...sembled-board-version-2-a-74.html#post3942793

Measure at output jack.

To adjust, remove the jumper he shows in the picture, adjust the potentiometer to read as low DC offset as possible, then replace the jumper. Do this for each channel.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Last edited:
Newbie needs help.

I find this dac very interesting but I am totally new to this. Can someone offer me some explanation here. Thanks in advance.

- How to I specify the options ? Which threads has the information of each of the options ? e.g. what is option 6 ?
- How do I join the group buy ?
- How do I pay ?

Alan

Newbie needs help.

Newbie needs help.

I find this dac very interesting but I am totally new to this. Can someone offer me some explanation here. Thanks in advance.

- How to I specify the options ? Which threads has the information of each of the options ? e.g. what is option 6 ?
- How do I join the group buy ?
- How do I pay ?

Alan

Hi, AKltam (Newbie).

If you look at message #1 you see the information and link to the design details:

or ES9018 USB DAC - Hi-Resolution System 

To join the group buy copy and paste the last list, #754, with your name on the bottom. This then becomes the latest list for others to use.

option 6: LL1684 output stage (pcb, Clarity cap, LL1684)
price 420$ while Option 9 is the completed DAC with option 6. (options 1,3,4,5,6). I think some people are confused. If they want the completed DAc with the transformers that option 9. Hence my choice.

Remote control is an extra $40.

By the way if you have time work backwards thru the pages to see the latest details and photos as this has evolved. some useful items are #211 for boards, 283 for specs, 284 for photos, 289 for production schedules, 445 for jitter, 472 for photos of case, etc.

hope this helps.

Regards Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.