• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Quanghao
My orders are:
1. DAC2 DAC module (from DAC1 project order change to DAC2 project) + DAC2 chassis + Discrete differential no feedback output stage + another Discrete differential no feedback output stage(extra order)
2.IV Opam kit of DAC1 (60$ for 2 x IV Opam kit)
3.2 pcb kit (total 2PCB x2) and 2 Vishay MMA0204 of LL1684 output stage(super V/I)
4.Remote-control-silver-aluminum
So I should pay you Remote-control-silver cost-->$40(not yet pay to you)+ shipping cost??-->(shipping to Taiwan cost w/postal or by air)
Please check my order and shipping to me,if you have any problem ,please tell me.
It's just remind you,because my orders have more complicated,not new order.

Thank you.

Antony_shih

Hi Quanghao
You still not reply me,I had pm to you,please reply my question about shipping cost.

Thank you.

Antony_shih

I also want a DAC please.

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. flocchini - option 9 without any output stage (1+3+4+5 assembled). I already purchased LL1684 board and will add it myself
8. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
9. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
10. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
11. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
12. Sugden - (option 9)Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
13. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
14. mjensen - (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
15.ingemar-(option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.Gergar-(option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
17.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
18. Losflacos - (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230VAC)

Posted from latest list at #710

Kindest Regards Pete (Losflacos)

DAC-END (ES9018) V2 mains power supply

Hi, is there a UK mains supply option which is 240VAC?

regards Pete

Hi

I have tested the DAC up to 250VAC and it works perfect and are not running "hot" when Trafomators primary windings are wired up to 230V.

Do not wire the transformator primary windings to 115V mains and connect to 240VAC. That will NOT go well!!!

Br
Caad

Sonic impressions

Could someone please give something like a review on the sonic performance of this DAC or at least a few informative impressions? Comparisons with commercially available DACs like PS Audio, Audiolab, Electrocompaniet, Audio Research, Accustic Arts, Audio Gd or whatsoever would be very nice! Regretfully, so far, even after extensive search, i havent found anything instructive :(.

With best regards

Hazel

Last edited:
Hazelrah, I asked the same question. the only one is this for V1 of course:

There was a comparison between DAC-END R v1 and EMM Labs.
<a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/228755-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-194.html#post3671491" target="_blank">http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quang...ml#post3671491</a>

this is against a $22K DAC! c.f $900.

i would like to see others however as i keen to get one as well.

Regards Pete (losflacos)

I received my DAC today in good order. This evening I assambled the DAC and all seems to work well.

The DC offset on the single ended outputs is rather high. Left channel 140 mv and right channel 57 mv. Is there a way tot adjust the DC offset, so I can reduce it as much as possible? My power amps have no input capacitors, neither has my pre-amplier.

Last edited:
I received my DAC today in good order. This evening I assambled the DAC and all seems to work well.

The DC offset on the single ended outputs is rather high. Left channel 140 mv and right channel 57 mv. Is there a way tot adjust the DC offset, so I can reduce it as much as possible? My power amps have no input capacitors, neither has my pre-amplier.

hi!

please see it
thanks

Attachments

• Get-DC-=0.jpg
    Get-DC-=0.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 455
Could someone please give something like a review on the sonic performance of this DAC or at least a few informative impressions? Comparisons with commercially available DACs like PS Audio, Audiolab, Electrocompaniet, Audio Research, Accustic Arts, Audio Gd or whatsoever would be very nice! Regretfully, so far, even after extensive search, i havent found anything instructive :(.

With best regards

Hazel
I have to do some more A/B listening tests, but I'll give you my first impressions. Please remember that experiencing things like sonic performances are always subjective.

The only A/B comparison I made where between my Rega DAC and the Reference DAC.

Coax input
There is very little difference between both DACs. The reference DAC seems a bit more 'in your face' to me. At 0 decibel attenuation it is about 10 decibel louder than the Rega DAC. This might explain the "in your face" effect, but since I was aware of the difference in volume I attenuated the volume of reference DAC by 10 dB before I compared both DACs.
The reference DAC also seems to have a bit more body, but like I said... I have to do some more A/B listening tests​

USB Input
Here the difference becomes much more obvious. This is where the reference DAC starts to shine. It's able to present my music with much more detail compared to the Rega DAC. Perhaps the comparison is not a fare one, because the Rega DAC only accepts 44.1kHz at 16bit on the USB input.​

Optical input
No comparison made​

AES/EBU
No comparison made either. The Rega DAC doesn't have a AES/EBU input​

All in all I am happy with the first impressions.

I have to do some more A/B listening tests, but I'll give you my first impressions. Please remember that experiencing things like sonic performances are always subjective.

The only A/B comparison I made where between my Rega DAC and the Reference DAC.

Coax input
There is very little difference between both DACs. The reference DAC seems a bit more 'in your face' to me. At 0 decibel attenuation it is about 10 decibel louder than the Rega DAC. This might explain the "in your face" effect, but since I was aware of the difference in volume I attenuated the volume of reference DAC by 10 dB before I compared both DACs.
The reference DAC also seems to have a bit more body, but like I said... I have to do some more A/B listening tests​

USB Input
Here the difference becomes much more obvious. This is where the reference DAC starts to shine. It's able to present my music with much more detail compared to the Rega DAC. Perhaps the comparison is not a fare one, because the Rega DAC only accepts 44.1kHz at 16bit on the USB input.​

Optical input
No comparison made​

AES/EBU
No comparison made either. The Rega DAC doesn't have a AES/EBU input​

All in all I am happy with the first impressions.

Thank you very much, Corpius! That was a good start! :)

May i ask which Rega-DAC do you use?

With best regards

Hazel

Can anyone explain to me why there are different dc offsets at the channels? That just looks wrong to me.

With best regards

Hazel

Normal component variation will result in different offsets when not trimmed. There are plenty of bad circuits which have very repeatable offset, and plenty of good circuits which need to have offset trimmed. The details and execution of the design are what make the difference. Repeatable low offset is a convenience more than anything. There are much better measures of the quality of a product than the offset.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.