• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2 - group 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Invitation!

Invitation!

SOME MUSIC SHOWS & ACCESSORIES AUDIO
25-26 / 7/2015 - KS CONTINENTAL: 132 Dong Khoi / D.1 /
HCMC

Hi All, I participated in product introduction: DAC 24 and DAC 32

You're working, or traveling in Vietnam, are in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam,

Quang Hao cordially invite you to see

I am very pleased to welcome you!

quanghao

Attachments

• DAC-32.1.jpg
    DAC-32.1.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 410
  • DAC-24 6.jpg
    DAC-24 6.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 201
  • DAC-24 5.jpg
    DAC-24 5.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 222
  • DAC-24 4.jpg
    DAC-24 4.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 209
  • DAC-24 3.jpg
    DAC-24 3.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DAC-24 2.jpg
    DAC-24 2.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 373
  • DAC-24 1.jpg
    DAC-24 1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 392
  • DAC-V2-Front.jpg
    DAC-V2-Front.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DAC-32.3.jpg
    DAC-32.3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 400
I got my DAC now several weeks ago and wanted to tell about my experience.
First of all the DAC with Lundahl output transformers does sound very well but not better than a Buffalo III from Twisted Pear. Only with this DAC here I could get a ready chassis which was with scratched front plate and jammed power switch first of all. In the meantime I got replacement for that.
The second reason for buying this DAC was, that I wanted to get access to all parameters of the ESS chip. But you get no documentation at all with this DIY kit.
I asked many, many times to get a layout for the main board and all the jumpers on it. No response from anybody...

After this is not a cheap DAC I only can recommend to buy better from Twisted Pear. Quality is better, sound is equal and you get full documentation for what you buy!

What parameters you want to change ?

Setting menu on remote allow to change filters.

I got my DAC now several weeks ago and wanted to tell about my experience.
First of all the DAC with Lundahl output transformers does sound very well but not better than a Buffalo III from Twisted Pear. Only with this DAC here I could get a ready chassis which was with scratched front plate and jammed power switch first of all. In the meantime I got replacement for that.
The second reason for buying this DAC was, that I wanted to get access to all parameters of the ESS chip. But you get no documentation at all with this DIY kit.
I asked many, many times to get a layout for the main board and all the jumpers on it. No response from anybody...

After this is not a cheap DAC I only can recommend to buy better from Twisted Pear. Quality is better, sound is equal and you get full documentation for what you buy!
Hi,
I am not agree with your conclusion.
Quality sound of a DAC is depending of many outside components :
power supply : quality of main supply ( transformer isolation , filter , ..) , isolate supply box
power board : current capacity , chokes filter , capacity , active/passive
output stage : standalone transformer or valve + transformer or transistors
You must compare DAC main board with the same outside components to have a valid comparaison.
As for me, i use a line power transformer, isolate supply box with passive supply components (chokes, capacitors ..) and standalone transformer for output stage.
For information , my system is an active four ways system with 105 db efficiency.
I never obtained a better result than this DAC.
QuangHao has made a great job and permit to many DIY audiophile guys to make a not expensive wonderfull DAC.
Br
Jacky

Hi,
I am not agree with your conclusion.
Quality sound of a DAC is depending of many outside components :
power supply : quality of main supply ( transformer isolation , filter , ..) , isolate supply box
power board : current capacity , chokes filter , capacity , active/passive
output stage : standalone transformer or valve + transformer or transistors
You must compare DAC main board with the same outside components to have a valid comparaison.
As for me, i use a line power transformer, isolate supply box with passive supply components (chokes, capacitors ..) and standalone transformer for output stage.
For information , my system is an active four ways system with 105 db efficiency.
I never obtained a better result than this DAC.
QuangHao has made a great job and permit to many DIY audiophile guys to make a not expensive wonderfull DAC.
Br
Jacky

+1

Manual

Dear Posterprofi and others,

It has been a while since i have posted here at the forum thread.

I have made a manual including technical specification. (all measurement made by me using AP test bench.)

Measurement are made on the IV module that uses solid state components.

The manual has been polished on the Group buy thread earlier. This version includes minor updates to earlier versions.

By the way: This DAC is still my favorite.

Br
Caad.

Attachments

• HQ reference DAC_Vg.pdf
    340.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.