• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2 - group 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Description of all the jumpers on the ES9018 Board

Hi Quangho,

Can you give a description of all the jumpers on the ES9018 Board.

On my machines Jumper J3, J6, J11 are open. All others are closed.

I want to make sure they are setup correctly. My machine use Lundahl output transformer.

Thanks.
Alan

Last edited:
More advanced Amanero Card

I just came across a more advanced Amanero Card. It uses 6 ultra low noise regulators. I just ordered one.

All the holes dimension is the same as the original one but the board itself is bigger than the original one.

I checked that I will need to remove the Optic fibre socket to install it. But since I don't use the optical input, this is no big deal for me. I will let you know the outcome when it arrives.

Alan

The DAC manual you have got only show the jumpers on the analog output board.

It does not show the jumpers on the ES9018 board.

Quanghao,

Can you give a description on those jumpers on the ES9018 Board ?

Thanks.

hi!

now you see :

1. in the USB board, you cut supply from computer. Please see image

2. Connect Jum of J11, you get 3.3 V from DAC . Please see image.

please do it. thanks

Attachments

• USE Supply in DAC for USB.jpg
    USE Supply in DAC for USB.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 253
  • amanero USB with supply in DAC.jpg
    amanero USB with supply in DAC.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
tweaking the DAC board

I have been looking at how the tweak the DAC for better performance.

Recently I took the DAC apart and look into the DAC board. At the bottom side of the DAC board, I found that there are labels for inserting BYPass caps for the power supply but there are no bypass caps there.

So I insert about 16 or so bypass caps into the DAC board. I believe bypassing the power supply to the DAC chip is important. Also I bypass the electrolytic cap of the power supply for the 100M Crystal Clock.

Just to share.

Attachments

• lks_127.jpg
    lks_127.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 467
I have been looking at how the tweak the DAC for better performance.

Recently I took the DAC apart and look into the DAC board. At the bottom side of the DAC board, I found that there are labels for inserting BYPass caps for the power supply but there are no bypass caps there.

So I insert about 16 or so bypass caps into the DAC board. I believe bypassing the power supply to the DAC chip is important. Also I bypass the electrolytic cap of the power supply for the 100M Crystal Clock.

Just to share.

yes. that is option for dac. you good mode

the J2 no use. that is reset chip. but it have in the PCB LCD.
thanks

please test all sound hepl me!
thanks

Is there a schematic for the controller? I am specifically interested in where the IR goes into the microcontroller. I presume pin 33? I would like to use a USB-IR transreceiver to control the volume on the DAC from my HTPC as I do not think I can get the amanero itself to do it. I use my android to control the HTPC itself. Furthermore, I noticed that there are some labelled pin holes next to the white
connector (which goes to the DAC). It is labelled (bottom row looking
from the top, left to right):

17, GND, +, , 19, 18, SCA, 2

Is there any way of utilising these to hook up the IR transreceiver?

Thanks.

Upgraded Amanero

Today, my upgraded Amanero arrived. I installed it and it certainly provides a sizeable improvement over the original Amanero.

First I found the upgraded Amanero to be more stable. I experience randomised sound drop out from the original Amanero. The upgraded Amanero sounds very stable and no signs of drop out at all.

The sound stage was much more 3D on the upgraded Amanero. I have great expectation of hirez recording but somehow I never like the sound of these hirez recordings based on the hirez samples I have got. After initial listening to this upgraded Amanero card, it can be a game changer. I will give further comment after more listening sessions.

As you can see from the photo, there are 6 ultra low noise regulators on this upgraded Amanero. Each crystal clock has its own regulators. The card is slightly wider than the original Amanero card. The installation holes and the connectors are on the same location as the original one.

If you want to install this card on Quanghao's DAC, you will need to sacrifice and remove the Optical socket.

At this point, I strongly advise upgrading your Amanero card.

Attachments

• Improved Amanero.jpg
    Improved Amanero.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.