DAC build TDA1541A/SAA7220P/B *will take som time*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or get a cheap Marantz or Philips cd player of *bay with the TDA 1541 chip.
Plenty of them around and you have the waranty that they are original ones.

Ric
Looks like that's the route I'll take.
Have two marantz at home, cd-50 and cd-60(undergoing modifications), I'll see if I can bring my self to cannibalize the cd-50. Otherwise I'll get a few other players using thoose IC's.

Got the Squeezebox today :)

Also I traded some pio caps and a tripath amp for two marantz cd-75 mkII.
One of which will be donating the TDA1541A and SAA7220P/B for this dac-project.
He also said he'd throw in some suitable tubes in case I want to use a tube output on the dac or one of the cd-players.

Got this from ebay before I knew about the fakes. What do you think guys? Got it from seller diyaudiokit.
SAA7220PB_ebay.jpg

Last edited:
This is the Analog Metrics PCB? If so it has a design flaw in that the replay clock (an XTAL OSC module) isn't locked to the SPDIF input resulting in skipped or duplicated samples every so often. Worth knowing that I feel before you begin to troubleshoot any clicks or glitches you encounter :p

Will this be fixed by advanced DEM re-clocking? Pics borrowed from Andrew, though I am responsible for whited out areas.
PICT0039PLUS-1.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

dem-fromws.gif

...answered on other thread....yes ?

You got too many projects going on at once !!

Guess what ?....so do I !!
I'm also working on a valve buffered Gainclone...another Alpha CD Player complete rebuild and......another Alpha 5.

My psychiatrist thinks it's good for me.......( that's a joke btw )

Haven't seen him for years:shhh:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.