Curvy Chang thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We're not talking 'a 5Hz change.' You are proposing a change not just in the cabinet tuning, but in alignment, which in turn changes the system power response, and I assume you are taking these into account WRT the horn / waveguide load (plus the different character of the midband / top end) on the focused radiation it is designed to provide? FYI, I designed the thing (with Ron shaping the curve), and that's my recommendation.

Last edited:
Yes, they are sat in the garage, but their replacemnt is currently being varnished, the drivers from the Curvy Changs, plus 2x Alpha 15A's a side in an open baffle.
When I do get room to put the CC's back into service I will also add an OB sub (H frame) to augument the bass.

you read my mind :) I thought of asking you about the OB's and maybe starting a thread about them to show what you are doing... but changed my mind...

what made you decide to try the OB's? curiosity or was there something lacking sonically in the CC's? I'm asking due to having a CC build still underway by a cabinet maker who is doing it in his spare time, still haven't got them and can't wait to hear them...

good to see you on this thread again gy, have you built any speakers lately? your hobby section hasn't had any updates for a while... cheers.

my CC's are almost built, will be seeing them tonight. Will take some pics and post them...

playing around modding t-amps, OB with B20, and now Pioneer A11 in Suzy Chang cabinet in the garage...

I am eyeing the CC with rear of the cabinet with an irresistable curve...

Hi Zany
there is nothing wrong with the CC's, it is ceiling height that is the problem. The current living room has low ceilings and the CC's dominated the room, which was deemed unacceptable by my beloved, though in this instance I had to agree.
So in responce to this I have builts some smallish OB's, FE207, FT17, 2 x Alpha A15's a side...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.