Cult movies - what is your favorite - what is your favorite part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Steve Martin...

"Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" with Steve Martin, Rachel Ward and Carl Reiner is a crackup.

Plenty of really funny one liners like this one -
"Juliet Forrest: What are you doing?
Rigby Reardon: Adjusting your breasts. You fainted and they shifted all out of whack."

Eric.

Attachments

• deadmen.jpg
    deadmen.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 303
haha, my favorite has to be "frankenhooker"

hilariously awful movie. its about a mad scientist (brain surgeon) whose wife is killed by a remote controlled lawnmower. (it gets better). her parts are strewn all across the yard. he is really sad so he decides to put her back together. he collects the parts and puts them in the freezer in his garage. unfortunately, the neighbors dog or something ran off with a few of the parts, so he is missing a few.

to deal with this slight dilemna, he decides he needs to find parts to fill in for the missing ones. where will he get them? HOOKERS! how do you get body parts from hookers? super-addictive crack that makes you explode, aka: super-crack!

so, he invents super-crack, a potent crack alternative that when smoked (even by a test lab rat), makes it explode. so, he goes downtown, talks to a pimp, and arranges a huge party with all the pimp's hookers. well, he has a change of heart, and decides he cant go through with it after all. however, the hookers find his crack stash he brought, and start smokin it up! he tries to stop the, but they are holding him down.

this is where the CLASSIC line comes from. he is being held down on the bed by two naked (read: skanky) women, "DUCK AND COVER! SHE'S GONNA BLOW!!" then, out from nowhere, the actress (?) explodes, and from the fake smoke and fireworks (yes, they used firecrackers and whistling fireworks), you can see manequien parts being thrown across the screen. its beautiful.

well, he then takes the parts, fixes his wife, but since he used hooker parts, she becomes, well, you guessed it "frankenhooker". she goes around asking "you wanna party?". and some other stuff happens, like the pimp gets pissed that he messed up all his women, and goes after him. all the excess body parts grab him, drag him into the freezer and have sex with him. dont ask how. its a horribly movie, but its hilarious, and scary that its actually printed on DVD.

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
More!!!!!!!

Peter Greenaway
The strangest may be "Prospero's Books"
I have seen all the ones listed as well and they are great.

Jim Jarmusch
Don't forget "Stranger Than Paradise"

Mystery Train
Screamin' Jay Hawkins as a hotel desk clerk and the ghost of Elvis. It can't get any better than this folks. Best part is Japanse tourist and his girlfriend aguing about Elvis Presly and Carl Perkins complete with transpossed L's and R's.

Night on Earth
Winona Ryder as a cab driver driving Gena Rowlands.
Roberto Benigni as a Italian cab driver describing his lust for his sister in law to his preist passenger, damn near made me hurt myself laughing.

Some very wonderful taste in cult films here. It makes me want to see many of these again.

Fred

P.S. Winona Ryder might actually wind up really driving a cab at the rate she is going.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
FRENCH KISSES

Hello,

Those old French "policiers" from the fifties and sixties with people like Jean Gabin, Alain Delon and Lino Ventura

Anyone remembers Fernandel?

Jean-Louis Trintignant,Brigitte Bardot,Simonne Signoret?
Romy Schneider?Still miss her a lot,what a classy lady she was.

These are actually more classics than cult but what the heck.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.