Cult movies - what is your favorite - what is your favorite part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tarkovski's Stalker. Like a shot in the arm.
Solaris is also a great movie.

Yes it is great film I liked watching it, the images were really spellbinding at the beginning and at the end, but really long running time for most non-fans. It's unfortunate but the title name "Stalker" is a poorly chosen Russian to English translation because of the bad connotations to a love gone wrong LOL. IMO "Pathfinder" would of been a much wiser one word title instead of Stalker.

Solaris was his futuristic mysterious answer to Kubricks Space Odyssey ... shows his boldness a film maker. Nobody else would even attempt it esp in the same decade.

Hi Y'All,

Not sure if these would be considered "cult movies". But as far as favorites and most memorable scenes:

Chinatown - Nicholson asking (millionaire) Houston near the end about his big land scam - (paraphrasing) "Why? What can you possible buy that you can't already afford?"

Zero Effect - Full of great scenes & moments. Pullman & Stiler are brilliant

The Way of the Gun - Very bad guy Ryan Phillippe asking his partner Benicio del Toro what he's gonna' tell God on his judgement day. Benicio's answer "I'm gonna' tell him I was framed."

Snatch - Too, too many great scenes.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Parenthood with Steve martin, Mary Steenburgen, Keanu Reeves and a pile of others. Lot's of great lines by favourite is the one Keanu says to Diane Wiest:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a**hole be a father."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.