CSS FR125S ... production units playing now...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what else, FR125

Bob Reimer said:
When I started the full range quest about 2 years ago my target was not the Jordan but rather the TB W3-871S which sold in good numbers. The WR125S was "incomplete" in certain ways but many people compared it very favourably against the JX92S and so I knew that with the FR125S I would potentially be in a "conflict of interest" situation with Jordan. I would have been happy to continue selling both but Mr Jordan didn't consider that an option.

The wise amongst us would leave that one alone

As Tom, Dave, and Chris are finding out, cabinet/bass alignment issues are critical and I'm certain that all the development work going on around the world right now will give users a wide range of options using a very cost-effective driver.

Also notable for those joining the thread late is compatibility issues with the die-hard low SPL/SET clan. Kevin Haskins has noted to me that none of the Bottlehead amps mate well with this series of drivers either. There maybe a SET with the authority to surmount the suspected impedance resonances, but we might be talking Josh Stippich territory :cannotbe: But never fear, Underdog (P/P) is here

Regretably, it looks like the labour dispute at the Vancouver port will delay the arrival of the shipment.

Could this be the summer of concatenating mother-truckers* strikes? :bawling:
Not only Bob's speakers, but if the news media is close to correct (
it could happen ), then all container transported imports and exports through Port of Vancouver could be affected for who knows how long.

*with respect to any transport workers in the audience :angel:

originally posted by Planet10

disclaimer: I have become a dealer

Since we're almost joined at the hip, I guess once might perceive a bias on my part as well.

compatability

Hello fellows:
Given the marvelous mating of Fostex with SET, I think it is okay to let this one go to mate with other amplifier formats. I for one was quite happy with the sound of the combination of Jason's mini A and the CSS drivers. So happy I ordered a package from Jason.

I also think this interaction will give a very powerful motivation to either get a Push Pull design sorted out that meets the exacting standards of the SET crowd, or solve the interaction.

I am sure the solution exists it just might be in the wrong tax bracket right now.

It is great that so far we have a driver that appears to do what it claims for a price we can afford.
Good for you Bob

Mini A

Hello Don:
I am not real sure what is going to be in the kit. I suspect it will be PCB and all the stuffings, heat sinks, I am hoping for a complete package so I only have to do a little aluminum and wood work (maybe transformers).

Jason is a good player so I am not real worried.

leadbelly said:
Was everybody from this forum in B.C. there?

No they had a secret "islanders only" meeting. Us mainlanders were left out.

leadbelly said:
I have yet to visit the island

You really should try and see it, it's beautiful and not near as rainy as Vancouver.
Rule #1 on the island is you throw away your watch.
Meeting at Dave's :house: Aug 27 for a little :drink: and a little :smash:
not to mention some and after dinner :Piano:, :eguitar: and :sing: and acting like :Pirate:
oh ya, were going to :judge: some speakers :bigeyes:
all that before we have a :grouphug: jump in the :car: and come home :bawling:

Sound like fun? Find yourself in the lower mainland and we'll get you over to the island.

Cal

Re: listen up

chrisb said:
Maxro, sorry I forgot to give you the itinerary for the Saturday session - there was certainly room for one more set of ears

If you're not already fully booked, and still want to hear the FR125s, how about another go this long weekend?

send me a private e-mail for details, I'll reply this evening

chris

Chris,

I can't email you through the forum:no:, perhaps you could email me.
I'm working 9-5 on saturday, but have friday and sunday off, if that works.

Max

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.