Crown Amplifier Kicked out by D-Amp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ok, fredos is a member. He can post about anything he wants on any thread (well not threadjacking..), as long as it strictly about DIY or suggestions to members.

BUT, he needs to post his tours of his facilities, his questions about his website, his offerings of thousands of modules, his constant mentioning of how his amp "kicked Out" a Crown amp on his own thread. I mean look at the title of this thread!

To claim that you don't understand this is sophistry

Use your imagination- When all commercial people post on the AVB, then it will be more interesting. And there will be a lot more commercial threads there very soon. This isn't about only fredos by any means..

Fredos can start a thread that is about non-commercial issues in Class D and we can transfer non-commercial posts to it from here.

As much as the member who is complaining so loudly wants to suggest it, this isn't a punishment.

Fredos is a valued member here and quite helpful, he can still be.
Nothing is stopping him.

If he'd rather we can delete all the commercial aspects from this thread and as long as he doesn't continue to post more commercial stuff, then he doesn't have to do anything.

:captain: Variac

Friends: You may be missing a point here.

If a new manufacturer / producer is desirous of announcing a new product of interest to DIY types, he should be able to do both: place his semi-perminant and expanding product list in the Vendor's Bazaar ... and ... make an announcement in the regular posting area ... as Fredo has done here.

Example might be:

"New item / DIY Class-D Amplifier Module ... with improved specs.

See the complete info at http://xyx_audio_devices_for_diy.com/new_item.html (or whatever)

Preliminary reviews may be found at http://audio_bs_magazine.com/latest_news.html (or whatever)

See also our complete listings at the Vendor's Bazaar at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44 ... (or whatever). "

Recognizing that the Vendor's Bazaar is not as heavily traveled as the rest of this blog / forum, this might eleviate past complaints about this and redirect more traffic there. (There are some very interesting new items in the Vendor's Bazaar that seem to go almost completely ignored. ... Too bad.)

;)

Sorry TOINO.

I have asked the moderators, if the want to delete the lies about me, (and fredos) that ClassD4sure has put forward in post #80, or if they want me to make appropriate comments.

Facts:

-Fred from D-amps contributes knowledge of both a technical and factual nature. He has also proven to be able to back or at least explain his claims in a technical manner which can be appreciated.

-Lars has contributed somewhat to DIY, but only by offering products for sale, and veils his advertising on the forum of it by calling it "support".

-Lars has never been able to satisfy a pertinent technical question with a suitable answer that didn't end up being some voodoo based non technically/provable blabber. Therefore not many worthy contributions have been made by him at all, ever.

-Until very recently Fred has never had a product to advertise here.

Since they are obviously not going to delete the post, i feel i should make a comment.

I have been looking through a lot of fredos' posts and i am sorry to say, the socalled facts put up by ClassD4sure, are not holding any water.
Most of fredos' posts consist of an unsubstantiated claim, and a commercial for his PA amplifier. Like this one for example:

quote:
Originally posted by gearheadgene

Not sure what you think is cheap, but 1pc price is around 4 bucks I've seen very good specs on other devices for at least 1/2 that price.

Having said that, I'm still at a loss on how to figure out the dead-time needed based on my prior post. Any ideas?

gene

4$ ??? What your source? I pay about 1.50$ for a strip of 30...No need for dead time adjustement with this part...No dead time in my 4000HVI with this output! Only ''natural'' delay of parts!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

1.5$ for a strip of 30 .. yeah right! And no need for dead time adjustment. Very technically founded comment indeed :dead: and then the important part of every post: the commercial for his PA amp.

If you look through all of my posts, you can find hundreds with actual content, schematics, scope shots to substantiate my claim etc. and no mention of any product what so ever.

So Mr. Chris, start being factual, if you want to criticise anybody.

Lars, how about your "virtual 4 pole current whoppling" (product)theory, for which the only evidence you could provide when asked, was "try it yourself", and even went on to complain about how it's not up to you to prove the theory that you're trying to sell here. Seismic Sensor, nano aligned (got a scope with some resolution LOL) "pulse field technology".. what's that a signal transformer... shaaaaaaaame shame.

Lars do you never learn? I can back up everything I said with quotes, links, the works! Funniest was your endlessly dropping hints of a new age amp over a year before it ever came out, (I have seen the next generation.....) only for it not to make it, because they had problems with realiability.. because a transistor was swapped at the board house, such a special transistor it wasn't marked as special enough not to swap, and there's no equivalent in the world that would have done the job (700XE), which was funny because you got called on it for marketing, probably the second time you ever mentioned having seen "the next generation".

It would take all day to find all these links, so if you'd like to save me some time just have a look at your history.

Fred is guilty of what you claim, never said he wasn't, he's guilty of it just like you are. The reason it is less offensive to me at least is because he's got an obviously different motivation, and at least he's bright enough to not go and complain that someone else is doing the exact same thing he is himself, while trying to pretend he's not. You can't even be serious? If you are, I can only feel sorry for that.

Fred has never yet had a DIY related product, that is a fact, his gear is for pro audio only, until now, when he releases a limited run that was a cancelled order. Perhaps all your whinning is a result of him announcing it over in your "support" thread, for your new product, which was poor taste on his part, but it's nothing you shouldn't be able to suck up in stride should you actually have some confidence in your product.

You, however, have had and have all kinds of products geared directly at DIYers here, on the consumer level. That to me is no small difference in motivation. Fred doesn't stand much to gain showing pictures (that were requested Variac) of his "shop" which looks like a mom's basement operation, you on the other hand stand to gain directly from every post you make here, given the differing target audiences of your products.

You claim to be ignorant of this type of advertising in your own... "special".... case, call it support, call it whatever, but you obviously have no problem seeing it in Fred's posts, so why can't you see it in yours? I still don't see your AVB thread Lars, and I don't see the moderators moving your spam there either.... maybe you're just above the law, maybe it's just Fred's law. They seem insistant it's not the case, so I expect you'll be getting a bill for your newly reserved space there real soon.

"So Mr. Chris, start being factual, if you want to criticise anybody.

Last edited by Lars Clausen on 10-19-2006 at 02:19 PM
"

Factual, Lars...... ahahahahaaaa. You'd need a ladder, and I'd need a shovel. What's that in your Sig. again? I mentioned that just the other day and still you haven't bothered to remove it, and go and quote Fred's "commercial".... I mean, thanks, but really you've given me all the ammo I'd ever need here.

Chris

Lars Clausen said:

Sorry TOINO.

I have asked the moderators, if the want to delete the lies about me, (and fredos) that ClassD4sure has put forward in post #80, or if they want me to make appropriate comments.

/////////////////

If you look through all of my posts, you can find hundreds with actual content, schematics, scope shots to substantiate my claim etc. and no mention of any product what so ever.

So Mr. Chris, start being factual, if you want to criticise anybody.

Dear Lars

As a mater of fact I have made a search about your hold posts and it seems that what’s happening now is nothing new...you have a STORY!!!...

The following is just one exemplary reaction from another annoyed member:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=279879#post279879

But I could show more… if you wish…:rolleyes:

Mr. Moderators this is nothing new.:mad:

TOINO said:

Dear Lars

As a mater of fact I have made a search about your hold posts and it seems that what’s happening now is nothing new...you have a STORY!!!...

The following is just one exemplary reaction from another annoyed member:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=279879#post279879

But I could show more… if you wish…:rolleyes:

Mr. Moderators this is nothing new.:mad:

Classic. Got to love his reply, just look at how many times he snuck in the company name, at the time, "Audio Technology"... and signs off with LC and "Audio Technology" a line or two up just to the right of it.. the eye just slaps it together. Slllllick Lars..... slick... really rubbed his nose into it and he didn't even notice. How long did that keep you laughing for? Read the rest of that thread, fffffunny!

BTW Fred, don't feel too bad. You're enduring the very same "request" process made of Greg Ball.... umm... has.. anyone.. seen... Greg, lately?

Give the rest of that thread a real fast scan and you'll see the "wolf pack" of that day is all banned now. Huge coincedence... or a serious flaw in leadership/forum policy? You decide.

Also, I believe a few posts ago somebody took the effort of mentioning how Fred has used this forum to search for employees for his company.

Personally I dont' see a huge problem with that, if it gives someone a job, do you? Or is the problem there simply, that it's a service the forum hasn't cashed in on.... yet.

Would you care to see the post where Lars also used the forum to search for employees, I seem to recall him propositioning Eva for some consulting not very long ago. "Eva, I've had my eye on you for a long time" lol... that's a fact, too, LC.

:Pinoc: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

Now that's funny! ;)

Both of them are playing commercial tricks on the forum, and both of them are very reserved when it comes to disclose technical information. The main difference is that Fred sells lo-tech stuff and has actually little or nothing to disclose, as opposed to Lars.

There are dozens of posts showing Fred's lack of technical background, like the one in which he didn't seem to understand MOSFET body diode issues, the one in which he didn't seem to know the saturation current levels of the output inductors of any of his amplifiets, or the one in which he was telling that the turn ratios of the supply transformers of his amplifiers were higher that what the pictures showed (that's what I call an aggressive salesman).

BTW: When you actually expend several hours or days designing an optimizing a critical part such as an output inductor, you can usually remember the parameters for a long time...

You're right Eva, or course. I made Fred sound a little better than he actually is just for the sake of arguing, because I dislike the fact that the squeekiest wheel here is without any doubt in my mind one of the worst offenders, who's always gotten away with it, at least since 2003 from the last link. How pathetic to see... you look in that thread and mostly everyone who stood up to him them is now banned permently? Where do you think this forum is headed?

Ripping the truth out of artists like that is what made this place worthwhile for me at least, however I don't have the impression that will remain a possibility, my true concern. People actually interested in the truth of things are just the minority and always will be, so they don't bring in the money.

If the salesmen have their paid sections, and the moderators are charged with keeping posts sorted to the proper section so the paid ones aren't polluted with such discussion, or if it even remains allowed in the non paid sections (because it doesn't exactly constitute as being "support" based), spells the end to me.

If they were so willing to clean the place up and move posts around so it all runs smoothly like they said they'll do, once the paid aspect is in place, what's stopping them from doing just that, right now? Politics, tell them what they want to hear and do what you like anyway.

This particular thread should have been gone day 1, here we are on page 10, and running smooth. Variac chief moderator himself came up with a whole list of infractions. I know from experience they've no problem taking action with and without good reason (they make them up as they go along anyway), so to not have done so here yet can only mean Fred being a "friend" of the forum, and his 100$'s, have a very different priority than you or I.

Why not at least be more reasonable instead of basically trying to extort them into it, like I understand you did to Greg which chased him off, give them a trial period, something reasonable, six months, if you can promise them so many views in that amount of time, pay up, or it gets deleted, and forget all the BS about a "support" based forum. Just first ensure they do have a business (and can actually deliver their product) before giving them a trial period. Tough huh?

That also means:

Actually keep the threads clean from commercial junk, no links in Sig's, no grey areas, no more threads of the nature "hey this guy who I don't know just released a product here's his website he's a 20 year pro but I don't know him super fan of his tweaks here's the link again" junk. No more total and complete blind eyes to it all. No more Nuforce like "girlinpinkteddy: No I'm not the CEO of the company I'm just here promoting it because it's the best thing I ever heard". Anything less to me is just completely hypocritical.

Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.