• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Build guide

C6,R20,R27,R30,R31,R33 are mounted on the bottom of the PCB.
R33 is a ground lift resistor that could be around 7.5 Ohms, I would first use 0 ohms and if hum was encountered would then go fancy with the ground lift.

Heres how I do it.

1. Test all your components for defects including PCB

2. Stuff PCB starting with small components working your way to large components i.e. output transistors

3. Examine assembled unit for any solder issues or bent pins shorting others

4. Attach assembled unit to PCB isolating the transistors from heat sink.(Test this)

5. Ensure bias trim pot is set for maximum resistance

6. Attach bulbs on positive and negative rails

7. Do a jig then power up, if bulbs light up, wash rinse repeat, you may have done this in poor light

8. If all goes well, set bias, attach scopes and torture amplifier, if it holds up

9. Plug in your speakers (some use speaker protection)

10. Plug in the "I like to move it move from Madagascar" CD

11. MOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!

12. WE LIKE TO............

Heres a members implementation

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 193
Your welcome Harrison.
My boards arrived very fast, all the parts are ordered including the R16 resistor that threw me a little and just need to get the correct PSU to make this all work. I'll be following this thread and see if anyone comes up with any tweaks to improve on the response or anything else. Should see all the parts in a few days from Digi-Key and Mouser. I almost felt bad as the cost of parts from Mouser was so slim and Digi-Key got all my money. I am ready to have some fun and even ordered some real 60/40 Kester solder on Ebay instead of that no lead stuff.

Evette,
Is that on the US side or the Canadian side of the border. I have always heard that customs does that when we send something North, I hope it isn't on our side. Good luck on the project and watch for that mistake with the #16 resistor, the number has been changed to protect the innocent.....:cool:

Your welcome Harrison.
My boards arrived very fast, all the parts are ordered including the R16 resistor that threw me a little and just need to get the correct PSU to make this all work. I'll be following this thread and see if anyone comes up with any tweaks to improve on the response or anything else. Should see all the parts in a few days from Digi-Key and Mouser. I almost felt bad as the cost of parts from Mouser was so slim and Digi-Key got all my money. I am ready to have some fun and even ordered some real 60/40 Kester solder on Ebay instead of that no lead stuff.

Cool.:cool: . Yes Digikey did get the larger share, any ideas ;)

Mr. Harrison Sir,, It seems the boards you shipped me are still setting in some post office since aug.11. I don,t know how they make money the post office. Evette

They will get to you.;) I am also looking forward to your review ;)

OnAudio,
I see the scope pattern here and I'm not sure what I am supposed to make of that, looks like a nice sinusoidal wave..... Is the +/-25 volt dc rating the recommended psu output or is that just what was used for this test?

The signal was just used to test the amp when first powered up.
"I like to move it move from Madagascar" CD is next.
The +/- 25 V was used to test the board, it was the max. output of my lab supply. Current limit was set to 200 mA.

Last edited:
Kindhornman, some links to start you off on that supply

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

R46KF210000N0K Kemet | 399-5986-ND | DigiKey

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

GBPC3506-E4/51 Vishay General Semiconductor | GBPC3506-E4/51GI-ND | DigiKey

B41456B8109M EPCOS Inc | 495-4224-ND | DigiKey

Tranny

http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.