• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
free pcbs? Ok. That wasnt clear to me. My mistake. FET amps interest me a little, not the MOSFET though. Ive built 1 amp, Elliot sounds P3 bipolar, not the P3A. doubling the OP stage, certainly beefed up the sound. Very old transistors though, i used TIP2055 2955 rather than the 2N type. Best i could get of the tx type, Bourns i think. Worth the extra cost per transistor, 3 times the cost. It would be nice to try a modern device though.

Hi Harrison

You said this is a basic PSU design, questions

1, Have you added to this design? or has anyone else worked on their PSU yet?

What could be added
1. Slow start depends on how big your caps and transformer are
2. Bleeders, to keep you safe during service
3. CRC , to get that ripple down further
etc

It will work just fine as is ;)

2, How fixed are the values? I have some nice 4700uF caps rather than the 10,000uF
That should also work, hope you have been following this exciting thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/216409-power-supply-resevoir-size.html
3, What sort of current does the amp draw? My tranny is 120va 30-0-30 @ 2A per winding.

Cheers
You can get a bigger tranny later. With the right load this amplifier will keep the tranny you have busy, the tranny will run slightly warmer. The amplifier should comfortably draw 20A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.