• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joel,

micro-strip is wavelength dependent. At audio frequencies your transmission lines are fractions of a wavelength thus terminating or even designing for characteristic impedance is feudal.

Star grounding and earth planes share about equal following amongst audio designers, each having valid reasons for following certain rules and opening a debate will end with no conclusion. However, when you start looking at several Megahertz and higher there is no debate, proper use of ground planes and strip line is essential.

Last edited:
you are right about that...

its all about reflections and having the right impedance..I think that a double sided is not appropriate for this job.in order to have reflection first you have to have the source and the reflector.how can you reflect it when your gnd. plane is full of pads and tracks adjacent to it.it will be suitable for 4sided where you can have a dedicated plane for this without pads and tracks.

microstripline are used for high speed circuits .unavoidable long lenght tracks,microstripline is usefull for this.besides a 4 layer board will be a hindrance for a diyers like me.

I will remove the signal gnd plane retain the plane for the supply.about coil and zobel another pcb is required.I guess about the circuit I trust onaudio that this really works and that makes me a beleiver...;)

regards,
joel

Yes, some amps like my Rotel 951's and 840 were designed to mask some uglies of mid-priced speakers. The are intentionally beguine. Some amps are brutally clear and you had better have top notch speakers. Some amps don't like the stupid loads badly designed multi-ways may exhibit. Some amps like higher loads not for stability, but for distortion. Some amps can make anything sound bad. Some amps it is not the amp-speaker, but the amp preamp interface that is the poblem, but it gets blamed on the amp-speaker. I have had some of each.

32 FREE 1DIFFQC PCBs, first come first served

These PCBs were subsidized by the amplifier tasting group. Many thanks to them :drink:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/212460-32-pcbs-available.html .

If you are intrested in receiving a free 1DIFFQC PCB (they start shipping next week).

1. Check to see that there are PCBs left
2. Add yourself to this list.
3. Indicate the number of PCBs, Max is 2 per person
4. email me your shipping address
5. paypal $6 shipping to info@harrisonaudiolabs.com (This is not necessary if you have a shipping account, email the shipping account number)

32 PCBS available part 2

This one is alittle different ;)

32 1DIFFQC PCBs are available

1. Check to see that there are PCBs left

2. Add your name to the list

3. Indicate number, max 2

4. Make a donation of $30 to finance the next free PCBs(You automatically qualify for them) info@harrisonaudiolabs.com

5. Paypal $6 shipping or send shipping account with a provider such as UPS or FEDEX (PCBs ship in less than 24 hours)info@harrisonaudiolabs.com

6. Pick a project for the next free PCBs from the collection of available amplifiers i.e Chameleon, OPB etc(winner will be by total votes)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.