• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joel, I take it you have been following the power supply cap thread, I noticed that you have split the rail caps into several small ones. Well done - please report your findings as well. Your layout is nice and symmetrical, must have taken you a while.

Edit: Any reason you did not decouple the signal ground from the power ground via a small resistor?

PCB

Hope everybody like ;) Do express yourselves

Attachments

• PCB.png
    PCB.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 266
<snipped>

Its possible I have an issue with large caps near small signal stages. I must have picked up this as I experimented with circuits ;). Remember that the decoupling caps just need to buffer the resistance and inductance of the interconnect from the reservoir caps.

<snipped>

Thanks Tom.:cool:

I think that "just" is where we differ, on that. But the performance degradation might be negligible. (Or it might be huge. <grin>)

thanks Nico....

I really appreciate your comments and knowing someone is interested at my work. I will inform you and gather my findings.

regards,
joel

about the resistor it is easy to add it.without actual experiment it is still a drawing.I am reviewing Sloan work he used signal return to star gnd but not in the form of ground plane.

another option...

I'm thinking of removing the signal gnd plane and try to use tracks.increase the width for less inductance and increase the gap between tracks for less capacitance.I will retain the power gnd plane to reduce bottleneck.besides the signal gnd had too much holes and dont want to mess with it cause it will probably create more noise.track lenghts is fine since in digital 6"/nano seconds since I'm dealing with analog I should not worry board is only 4x3.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.