• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Combined Onaudio thread. (23 threads)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here it is

now I know why you want me to put gnd besides those supply and output tracks.

again this is a two sided pcb composed of two gnd. plain at the bottom(power and signal gnd). with two gnd returns to star gnd.its worth to try experimenting.:D

regards,
joel

p.s.

forgot the attachment

Attachments

• chamelleon.jpg
    chamelleon.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 306
Cutie is almost ready

This amplifier will change what you know about power amplifiers ;)

This is the first edition of the schematic that will go with the PCBs.

What connectors would be suitable for the power supply and output on the PCB ? Or is soldered wire preferable ?

Attachments

• 1DIFFQCTIP142.jpg
    1DIFFQCTIP142.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 602
perfectmate for a good power supply...

what is the purpose of a good power supply when you have a bottleneck at the amp.pcb...:mad:not only voltage will sag but will create noise:D

I have put a bridge in here, but still it has a two gnd returns.I have manage to silence the symef with only one gnd return and sure it will not be a problem in here.enclosed in zip is the top and bottom of the pcb. so you could peek.

regards,
joel

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 256
spend in speaker....

I have a vintage receiver only 15 watts per channel and my sound system can actually go down really low.instead of buying expensive capacitors I would invest in a good speaker.

I have read also that linear regulated supply and smps are a bad choice for a highend amplifier.the only thing that it is good is manufacturers can bought semi conductor devices at a very cheap price when bought at large quantity compared to big transfo. and huge capacitor.besides it operates at high speed this creates rf signals and you have to put sheilds on this and will require a space in enclosure.

and smps requires feedback and should be fast enough than the amplifier..and reliabilty not so good.

and during transient signals raw power supply is the best.:)

no wonder how exotic my computer power supply is still cheaper...

regards,
joel

Hi Harrison, the schematic in #1 is very much that of KRELL KSA50 of the early eighties with some minor modifications. The dual complimentary symmetry has a characteristic of sounding more powerful that it really is. In other words a 50w amp sounds much louder than expected. The MJL15002/3 are better suited I think than the 2SC5200
It is a very popular amp and produces very good results.

Last edited:
Its almost that time again please comment

Here is what I am cooking, If you see something that you no like or something you got better idea please scream:D

Attachments

• 1DIFFQCTIP142-SCH.pdf
    20.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 1DIFFQCTIP142-TOP.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 1DIFFQCTIP142-BOTTOM.pdf
    24.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 1DIFFQCTIP142.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 186
my work is finished...

I believed that I have reach the peak for this amp.I have done some research and making sure that I dont throw punches on air....

theres a lot of advantages offered by a dual and multi-layer pcb and believed this will solved bottleneck and makes the amp. be distinguished from the rest.:cool::cool::cool:

regards,
joel

Attachments

• layout of chamelleon.jpg
    layout of chamelleon.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 204
  • top and bottom.jpg
    top and bottom.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 171
Hi Harrison, the schematic in #1 is very much that of KRELL KSA50 of the early eighties with some minor modifications. The dual complimentary symmetry has a characteristic of sounding more powerful that it really is. In other words a 50w amp sounds much louder than expected. The MJL15002/3 are better suited I think than the 2SC5200
It is a very popular amp and produces very good results.

Attach is RAS200 from 1992. Harison, we may have had the same super heroes. Dan Augustino

The amplifier I have posted is much more ;)

Thanks for sharing Nico.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.