Cheaper replacement lamps for a305sd, dukane 680, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry to come in late,

I had no idea there are overhead projectors that use HMIs. I work in the film industry, we use all kinds of HMI sources for lighting sets.They are much brighter and have a cooler color temp but are rather expensive and have a relatively short bulb life compared to tungsten/halogen. I just figured they would not be cost effective, but they are the brightest light avalible for a given wattage.

To answer a question- there are 125w, 200w, 400w, 575w and up (to 18K!) HMI bulbs commonly used in film lighting. They use both the single and double ended style bulbs. The single end bulbs are a newer style and more expensive.

Anyway, I can check on prices for them if you like, if just for comparison. My company distributes and uses several diffrent brands of bulbs of all wattages.

I had thought about using a 575wHPL projector lamp and a parabolic reflector for a DIY projecor..has this already been tried?

Bhul 108 Waiting for This Buld.

There is none less than 100 and I bought this projector for 35 dollars. 18wheeler and we can expedite the shipping this time. If you could give me the company name or the way I can research , I want to check with one of my friend in Honkgong. Moreover I might visit Hongcong in next two months and I do have a plan to buy some stuff on my visit.

Thanks,

This was me :D. I will see how much it can go on the eBay, and hopefully I can pay off my OHP by selling a few.

Those bulbs were purchased from a store in Guangzhou, China. YWH told me once that the store is kind of small. actually he took one of my friends there to buy two bulbs in April. Instead of just giving the direction, he had to go with my friend because the store is hard to find even with directions. but here is the name of the store if you want it: ¹ãÖÝÊÐöδ´ÀûµÆ¹âÒôÏìÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾¡£

I sent YWH a new order today. Last time because my first check was lost on its way accrossing Paciffic ocean, the arrival of bulbs was delayed. I will use EMS to send my check this time.

I did not think it was You.

I did not think it was you, but knew somebody from this forum is on Ebay. It is good move because this will atleast make people feel how much their efforts are worth. I think both the bids are from some body here in the forum because I have not seen much interest in these bulbs outside of this forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.