Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Now!

Attachments

• hey now!.jpg
    hey now!.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,997
Peter, I have to admit I usually find your designs just a little slick for my tastes (only my humble opinion ;) - I'm sure they are still great amps) but this design prototype looks absolutely great in its simplicity and really easy to make into a kit chassis. Can you explain a little more about how you would mount the transformer?

Bricolo said:

maybe it's just a piece of plastic tube
this is a good idea, since it prevents you to damage the pots by turning the knobs too hard

Well I've guessed it must be plastic material ;) - but - how to achieve a good grip when the axle of the pot is rounded (as in mine case). Or is "the secret" in fact that the diameter od the plastic tube is a bit smaller then the one of the axle - so it all gets very very tight when assembled together ...

Hi Peter,

I hope you would not mind I am asking will you be doing the same as BrianGT which certain percentage of the proceed generated will get donated to the funding of keep this forum running?

Otherwise around $150US a piece per chassis would be out of my finanacial capability. And people may compare a new SONY A/V dts 5 X 100W channels that cost around $300cdn to a bare case. The SONY may also provide lots of parts and many hours of dismantle/hacking fun too.

Just a thought ;)

Regards,
Chris

Depennding on the interest, the price may be lower as well. As you recall, I said "shouldn't be more", as for myself, this is what I would feel comfortable with.

There is no question about donating at least half of proceeding from that buy to the forum.

Also, it's not appropriate to compare mass production unit (like Sony, for instance) to custom made, high end amp. A more fair comparison would be to Amp Kit http://www.scott-nixon.com/dac.htm

Basically, after adding all the extra parts needed to complete the amp, you're getting much more for the same price. Wouldn't you agree? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.