Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I accept knob orders from people who decided to get the chassis, first. Just send $28 to my paypal account as previously (add 3% fees). As shipping doesn't apply here, it's pretty straight forward. Later, I figure out payment details for people who want just the knobs.

Here's the pic of rear panel. Those who want to install patented posts will have additional holes made.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 683
Sorry for such a newb question, but I haven't kept up with this thread (among others) for a few weeks now...are you still offering the chassis, and if so, where can I find details on it including parts and pricing?

By the end of summer, I'd love to make my first amp, and with all kits being offered, it'd be something that I could do easily w/o trying to remember what they taught me in class. ;) :D

If someone could be so kind as to PM me or email, I'd rather you not have to take up more space in this thread just to assist me.

That's fine, as I wouldn't be able to get into it for at least another month or month and a half. (Computer issues, buying a car, other gadgets)

Roughly speaking, buying a LM4780 kit with all needed parts, chassis+knob, transformer and connections, how much would that total to?

I can't think in any other circumstance where I would have been ok with the wait. But after seeing the pictures, I'm so glad I did.

Great work Peter, and thank you for the opportunity to make these available to us. I'm sure once you start selling them individually, it's going to be quite a bit more expensive huh?

If you care to elaborate

I know times are sketchy on the forum/buys etc, but if you care to elaborate as to the method by which you connected the endplates to the (assumed) rectangular tube for the DAC, it would be interesting. I have a few plans in mind, one for a completely externally screwless GC and one for a hidden tie-rod project, but it seems you've achieved the second one with your DAC.

My current project is a wacky volume knob arrangement, which would never be feasible in a production, group buy or brother-in-law discount type of venture. But I have the equipment, time and raw materials, and it is a hobby, so I guess its OK. It does kill me though, that the final location for it will indeed by my shop/garage.

You've got some cool ^%#@ (voluntary edit) and I hope we see more of it. I'd definitely buy some of it if I didn't enjoy making chips on my own. If, on your next US trip, you happen upon NC, swing by and use my shop to make some art. I can run machines, but function is foremost and aesthetics are not my strong point :(.

Sandy.

The rear panel is attached to the receptacle and that is attached to PCB. It's not very strong connection, but works fine. The PCB is mounted on standoffs which through matching holes are attached to the bottom of the tube.

I was thinking what would be the best (and simplest) way to mount front plate. I could use nuts from the RCAs and BNC for that, but for some reason I didn't have much time to play with it.

So I just used double sided tape to glue the front plate to tubing and it works like a charm.;) This DAC was at the Show and I didn't experience any problems in this reagard. Additional advantage is that the tape separates the front plate from tubing (which is connected to AC ground) so the BNC jack doesn't need insulators (which for that type were not easy to find).

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 802
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.