Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:
I encountered a problem with artwork. It supposed to be done in Adobe Illustrator in .eps format. I have it in Photoshop (.eps format as well), yet for some reason it is incompatible with printing vendor. I

I've recently worked on a children's book which was printed digitally. Although in this case the printer could take Photoshop files, the results were sharper if Illustrator files were used. If you can, ask the designer to supply the original Illustrator file, plus an Illustrator eps. Make sure the fonts are converted to outlines before being saved as eps. Finally, make sure you get a printed proof before commiting to the job, to check it all looks okay; print machines like to contribute a bit of original input of their own, now and again.

Hope this helps.

Colin

The wait should be over soon. Everything is done, except for printing. I'll be picking up all parts on Tuesday (except for front panels that require silkscreening),

Front panel size is 3 x 10.7 , knob are spaced 2.5" from the sides . Depth is approx 9". I may post rear panel drawing later (as soon as I get my main computer running).

Not to rain on Peter's parade...

I am having my chassis built now, and I designed it so that it could be a kit banged out and sold here for anyone who needs one.

I will post the plans here one by one.

Thanks,

Troy

edit: spelling.

Attachments

• front panel 1.jpg
    front panel 1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 666
Hate to say it, but they are still banging.

I called a few minutes ago and he said there was no problem building these, but he wanted better measurements..

I will revise the measurements for him and send them to him later this week.

I hope to have a box next week. I am NOT committing to a date though!! Been down that road before.

Also, I would expect the parts to be around 30-50 dollars.

I will have him bead blast(BB) the chassis and clear coat it for me. I may have him BB and anodize one too to see what that looks like.

Troy

Peter Daniel said:
I encountered a problem with artwork. It supposed to be done in Adobe Illustrator in .eps format. I have it in Photoshop (.eps format as well), yet for some reason it is incompatible with printing vendor. I don't have any resources at the moment to convert the files, and those guys will not do the artwork, like I had it originally, in Illustrator.

So I might opt just for the printing on the knobs (standard type, as it seems much easier for them to make).

I didn't expect that acquaring a proper format may be this complicated.

Anybody knows more about that stuff?

Peter, I'm not on the group buy (I couldn't afford the chassis at the moment :+( ) but I should be able to convert the file for you, if you haven't had it done already. I have both Photoshop and Illustrator. Just email the file to me at ron.steinberg at sympatico.ca

Cheers,
Ron

p.s. maybe you can do me a favour one day, I need two 1U cases built, one for a DAC and one for my preamp, metal work is not my thing ;-)

I have to appreciate everybody's patience. Only few of you started to bug me recently, so here's how it looks. I picked up all the chassis parts yesterday, and they are done very well.

I also got approx 100 of knobs, but Audio Zone grabbed 40 of them already, and I want to keep 20 for myself, so prioroty in purchasing goes to people who want them with a chassis. If there is enough interest, there is no problem with making them again. It seems like lead time is not mor ethan 2 weeks.

Attachments

• pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 545
I had some problems with artwork but it seems like it's sorted already. The second artwork was in proper format, but I didn't notice that fonts were not in scale (some were unnaturally wider than the other, Especially letter 'O'). They made a trial run yesterday on one panel, but I didn't accept it.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 528
I was told they the panels should be ready on Monday for pick up. This actually gives me some extra time to sort everything, prepare hardware, cut the metal brackets (to support PCB) and cut the wood panels. I still didn't receive pots from Percy either. One more pic of front panel. All letters in SOURCE will have the same width.

I specified two panels without logo, just printing on knobs (for Colin an Jamh). You can still change your mind if you want.;)

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 492
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.