Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did these out of billet 6061 on a lathe. I cut the bevel with an end mill. Final was to hand polish with some Simichrome.

Attachments

• billet_knobs_400.jpg
    billet_knobs_400.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 877
Even the last picture picks up the blue from the walls of the room. Anything mirror polished just does what it does best - shine.

I should have been a machinest or carpenter, as I love to make stuff with metal and wood. My gainclone is my first to work with acrylic, but it's not to hard. I cut the 1" thick sheet with a 80 tooth carbide blade on my table saw, clean it up with a table belt sander and machine it on a table router. I even drilled and tapped it.

Attachments

• router400.jpg
    router400.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 830
Here's the proposed front panel printing. Specialized logo will be smaller as well as SOURCE and VOLUME will use thinner line fonts. Any suggestions/objections?

I used "Off" position at source select. This is when no source is connected and can be used to mute signal without turning a volume knob.

Attachments

• panel1.jpg
    panel1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 605
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.