CD player vs. computer soundcard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's right, for 20€ more I can get a 7.1 soundcard.

Adding 20€ there and there stretches my budget very much, knowing, that I wanted a 50$ soundcard at the beginning :rolleyes:

I'd like to find a benchmark for these soundcards like for the transit, because the sonica must be based on an older generation, and the sonica USB had a bad reputation.

As I told it, the choice will be made considering how much money I have :)

You might consider the Audiotrak Optoplay, $50 here in the US, not sure how much it would be in France. It supports 16 & 24 bit playback and works with asio4all. I might be getting one to use as a transport for my laptop, so I'll be able to tell you how it sounds.
EDIT
You can get it from Audiotrak UK for 95 Euro shipped.
And it looks like the Maya44 USB can be bought for 115 Euro from dbsys.de/webshop. That would be my choice if everything is around the same (80-120 Euro w/shipping), as it has full support for asio, optical out, and a full complement of analog in and out jacks. Unfortunately, I haven't heard one, so, I can't tell you what it will sound like.

ChuckT said:
If you are concern with quality and quantity, may I recommend the portable module TVIX that can host a very large harddrive with spif out. I use EAC to rip my cd into the TVIX (with 160G) and the digital out is very very good, better than the Philips 963sa I had used before.
Hi ! I own TVIX 3000U (400Go) but it does not play WAV files, I want to use it as an hifi jukebox without compression

what is the way to do it ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.