cap value for 6X4 rectifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Johan Potgieter said:
.......... I wonder; has anybody ever tried to mount 3 empty impressive transformer cans and a few tubes (all lit up) on a chassis, then mount a transistor amp underneath and stand back and observe listeners' reaction?? (Almost tempts me do go and do it!)

why even bother with xformers and tube mounting?
just tell him that gadget is toobed....:devilr:

I told ya-with wimpy stages,I prefer tube rectifier and gas stabs
with less wimpy (or more current demanding) stages, sand is better....

fun?
where is the fun if we are serious all the time...........:clown:

Zen, no quite.

If your last remark referred to the post by Chris, he was thinking (jokingly) of the fact that I suffered broken ribs in a recent car accident, where shaking of any nature was initially hurting. With regard to that, thanks for the thought, Chris. Matters have healed almost completely, I already drive around, etc. - and as to my loss you will realise that laughter is one of the best medicines. Thanks to you and all others for helping.

Regards.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Johan Potgieter said:
Zen, no quite.

If your last remark referred to the post by Chris, he was thinking (jokingly) of the fact that I suffered broken ribs in a recent car accident, where shaking of any nature was initially hurting. With regard to that, thanks for the thought, Chris. Matters have healed almost completely, I already drive around, etc. - and as to my loss you will realise that laughter is one of the best medicines. Thanks to you and all others for helping.

Regards.

nope,Johan I didn't meant on Chris's post (I remember too well few threads with you in subject ) ;
besides ,I (we ,family ) xperienced more than few losses in last 3 years , so I know that these things can be matter of laugh or joke (in healing purpose) only in personal,eye to eye situation.
besides,even if only broken ribs are in case,that's sort of situation where laugh is not even slightly enjoyable - I also know that from personal xperience,even if in my case occasion was ore than comical-contrary to your's.

I often mention fun here and there,just because I have more than enough years under my b(elly) to know that I really don't need another perfect specimen of anything...especially audio anything- except if it's connected with pure joy of creation and creativity and (above all) learning.

last but not least - be well ;
really well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.