Canada-Land is Perfect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The downside is the nearly universal advent of homeless people that results during the peak summer months when it it gets warm enough for all their igloos to melt.

I plan on taking emergency aid to them again this Summer. My heart goes out to those that live in a Country that is nearly always buried under 178 feet of snow. They seem to be nice people, but I'm so glad to live in the Sunny South.

Best Regards,
Terry "Sunshine" Olson

During Prohibition my Grandad ran a Chris-Craft across Lake Erie for the required ambrosial EtOH. He actually had a bootlegger on the payroll. Had friends w a legacy cottage on Pelee Island plunked in the middle of the lake left over from the Depression.

My wife and I had a wonderful August vacation in Quebec and Montreal last year, but one of the elder-gals in a restaurant told us she was going to the Cleveland Clinic for hip surgery!

Only problem w Canada is that they make you watch movies w Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald for 72 hours before you pledge for citizenship. Best aspect of Canada is Crown Royal.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Gosh, after this thread I think there is nothing left to the USians but Elvis - and maybe Henry Ford.

But Keanu Reeves? I thought he was Hawaiian. Must have been Canadain tourist parents. Could be Cal's cousin -yeah?

Yes, Canada-Land IS perfect. And it's so clean.

And some of the worst coffee too.

Having spent three weeks back in Germany, I can unequivocally state that no one in Canada - and most likely in the states as well - knows how to brew a decent coffee.

The same holds true for what they call "beer" here on the continent.
A soup of undistinguished taste of assorted chemicals.

The lousiest coffee in a cafe in Germany - not even dare to mention Austria - is miles ahead of any coffee in any of the so called "coffee shops" on the NA continent.

Other than that - Canada is the greatest country, when you take away RCMP officers who feel threatened by staple guns and taser the poor bugger five times, who shoot prisoners in self defense into the back of their head from a position a Houdini would have trouble to escape, who rob taxpayers money to pay the idiots in the auto industry to further complete their failure, the gigantic mess of what is called the "oil sands" to satisfy corporate greed at the expense of environment and human well being to an extend that very few have yet understood, (the next step is an atomic reactor to power the demand for energy to soften up the stuff), a prime minister who if he only could would gladly bring Christianity of the George Bush kind to us heathens, with ministers whose idiotic statements regarding science outcompete anything the states brought ever forward...other than tose minor quibbles, Canada is great.

audio-kraut said:

Having spent three weeks back in Germany, I can unequivocally state that no one in Canada - and most likely in the states as well - knows how to brew a decent coffee.

Agreed -- in fact I am consuming my morning brew in a Dallmayr mug to refresh the memories of Munich 2 years ago.

I think coffee tastes better with cigarette smoke in the vicinity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.