CamillaDSP for piCorePlayer

You should be able to:
  • uninstall the piCoreCDSP extension
  • reboot
  • change the script line with supported_capture_types: ["Stdin"] to supported_capture_types: ["Stdin", "Alsa"]
  • run the script again to reinstall piCoreCDSP

You need to make sure, that CamillaDSP is running, though:
  • either have Squeezelite output to CDSP, even when playback is stopped (this should be the default setting)
  • or start CDSP manually somehow

Reactions: 1 user
I used your script and am happily running/exploring CamillaDSP on a rpi4, many thanks. Quick question - do any of the components the script installs require a proper safe shutdown. I'm used to just powering off my pCP without ill effects as pCP/Squeezelite runs entirely in RAM (my LMS is elsewhere) and would like to know if I can continue this behaviour without risk of corruption of the sdcard.

If you feel adventurous, you can install the CamillaDSP 2.0-alpha5 version from https://github.com/JWahle/piCoreCDSP/tree/cdsp2.0.
I updated the script and the installation instructions.
This should fix the issue with changing volume after sample rate or format changes.
It might introduce some other issues, though ;)

My CamillaDSP statefile broke once and I had to fix it by ssh-ing to the piCorePlayer and running:
Code:
echo '
config_path: /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/camilladsp/configs/Headphones.yml
mute:
- false
- false
- false
- false
- false
volume:
' > /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/camilladsp/camilladsp_statefile.yml

Reactions: 1 user
If you're running some python script using any of the camilladsp functionality, then it is broken, because the new version changed some names - make sure, to check the logging output.
If only Keyboard / USB functionality is involved, then I don't think this version of the script has anything to do with that.
Did it work before installing CDSP?

Johannes, I am attempting an install on a running pCp9 on an RPi4b
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/linux-unix/1662613-pcp9-beta-test)
It appears to go well until -

### Install CamillaGUI

install_if_missing python3.8
python3.8 is already downloaded.
All files tested good.
install_temporarily_if_missing python3.8-pip
Checking Dependancies for python3.8-pip.tcz...
Error python3.8-pip.tcz Missing PCP DEP file.
There was a error downloading python3.8-pip.tcz.
Retrying extension python3.8-pip.tcz...in 5 seconds.
Checking Dependancies for python3.8-pip.tcz...
Error python3.8-pip.tcz Missing PCP DEP file.
There was a error downloading python3.8-pip.tcz.
Max retries reached.
tc@RPi4b-pCp9-233:~$

I have rebooted and retried 3 times.

Am I pushing it uphill trying this on pCp9 ?

I currently use CamillaDSP installed on an RPi5 running Ubuntu 23.10 driving a Motu ULMk5
(https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/).

I'm new to piCorePlayer, but have used CamillaDsp standalone before. Can someone explain how they talk to each other?

The script worked flawlessly but I'm not getting any audio into camillaDsp at the moment. What should I have in 'Squeezelite settings - Audio output settings'?
I have camilladsp set in 'Change squeezelite settings'

I'm thinking of using this as 'headless' stand-alone multichannel-dsp with a MOTU M5 - taking advantage of the automatic sample rate changes, and using toslink input only.

Thanks!