CA 340A SE LM3886 based amp - Upgrade advice please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool! :)

I wondered where that little res go to! Must have put it in by mistake, dont worry about it.

Get them in soon and post some pics and a report on the sound after the mod. The Diodes are a little tricky to fit, I can send you some pictures of mine tonight if you need.

PS: brown stuff on caps is just glue, nothing to worry about.

Mike.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT HE SAID!!!! Did you strip both caps?

It looks like you have cut along the stripe that marks the negative side with a blade. If so you should have a line on the side of the casing where the blade has scratched the metal, on the negative side.

I'm surprised that they are blank inside. I expected to see another manufacturers markings. Never mind, as long as you know what pin is the negative, you now have some cool looking shiny caps!

Let us know soon.;)

Sounds good.

If you have enough you could use them for bypassing the PS caps next to the 3886 chip and around the +/- 15v regs on the opamp supply. They also might be good for bypassing the signal path DC blocking caps. You could also try the 'snubber' using those caps if they are 50v or above?

Also thinking about adding little Epcos like it's made in SE version

Where?

100Vdc 68nF (B32529-C1683-K)
63Vdc 0,1 uF (B32529-C 104-K)

Please explain?
I posted one pic some time ago, but noone comment that...

Attachments

• ca_differences.png
    ca_differences.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.