Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that there is a prolifaration of Audiophile devices and products based around Quantum phenomena, I find it strange that all this super duper technology is available for Audio products

Dude, a resistor is a practical example of technology utilizing 'Quantum Phenomena'. (Or rather, it is for as long as QM is the dominant theory).

I don't suppose there's any chance that we can stick to the facts on this thread, huh? :firefite:

Cheers,
Dave.

As far as facts go, resistors predate QM by a long chalk. You can understand, build and use resistors using Ohm's law [1827] (which is a subset of and predates Maxwell's equations[1864]) and entirely without reference to QM.

I was about to comment on how much better this is than endless bickering.

I recall that there were going to be some tests of the audibility of burn-in in cables with Andre Visser. Then the issue seemed to drop below the horizon. Can anybody tell me what happened there?

w

We haven't even said what the tests will be yet.

In my usual fashion, the tests will follow any, "...hmmm..." results and will be an interactive process. What makes it complicated is that the suggested applications are "just about anywhere," so a lot of different things will have to be looked at with the devices in many different configurations.

Certainly measuring ripple waveforms in the manner of the "data" that John presented will be Step 1. What's its complex impedance? How does it change the noise, distortions, or RF susceptibility of test amplifier circuits when used at the inputs? How do these compare with a plain old resistor of the same value as the one inside? Do these properties change between single tone testing and complex broadband waveforms? Any changes in primary AC waveforms when used there?

That's a reasonable start, I think. What we have here is a golden opportunity- not that I think that we're going to see anything beyond snake oil (then again, SOMEONE wins the lottery), but for a new way of doing these sorts of studies, through application of collected intelligence and interactive sharing of data and methods with rigorous review.

As far as facts go, resistors predate QM by a long chalk. You can understand, build and use resistors using Ohm's law [1827] (which is a subset of and predates Maxwell's equations[1864]) and entirely without reference to QM.

Wakibaki, if you truly want to have this debate, lets start a new thread and duke it out. :)

pssst - Quantum mechanics and classical physics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.