Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way found another one of these spurious devices. Its the Clarity Pro on
the Russ Andrews website. Had a look inside one and it consists of 3 pic controllers
and three tranformers plus some regultion. Fed from a wall wart your supposed to place it near your system (its not connected to anything !) with improvements in clarity caused by affecting the ground plane in some way. Couldnt hear anything myself.

Not part of this test I know but it looks like these things are multiplying

Apparently.

Small Slipstream Quantum Purifiers
Small Slipstream Quantum Purifiers are typically used in lower-current AC circuits, non-AC analog and digital circuits, and smaller midrange drivers and tweeters.

Specifications:
Length: one inch
Diameter: 1/3 inch
Leads: one inch, 18 gauge copper
Current-handling: 4.3 A
Voltage: >1000 V
Resistance: 0.025 ohm
PRICE: $100 each

We could use some coke and hookers here.

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big!

3805.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

se

I look forward to seeing some results and a description of what the constructiuon consists of. I still think (though this is my opinion and mine alone, Lawyers note:)) that we are dealing with somthing akin to ferrite beads, as they tick all the boxes: Ceramic material, noise reduction etc etc, though where a 0.025ohm resistor fits in !!! generaly that sort of value is used for current meausurement. I may be totaly wrong in my (own, lawyers note;)) assumption, but from EMC stuff we do at work, we get similar results using conventional components, without the quantum element. Of course we may find its just a resistor wrapped in some EMC absorbent material, but probably not.
I have noticed that there is a prolifaration of Audiophile devices and products based around Quantum phenomena, I find it strange that all this super duper technology is available for Audio products, all I can surmise is that there must be megga bucks to be made, to fund all the research into Quantum mechanics etc and how they can help create better Audio. Hell even the millitary/aerospace and medical electronics dont get such futuristic and fabulous devices, where they could revolutionise some of the design practices and solve some major problems (EMC being a big one).

Status
Not open for further replies.