Bybee Fraud Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
...It is funny though that some people (..) think there is some ethereal quality, transcending everything humans know about the universe, at work, effectively bypassing all of our knowledge and out of the comprehension of some of the greatest minds to have have ever lived?
Generally because, no matter how implausible, the ego finds that a preferable way of dealing with the contradiction set up by perceiving things which aren't really there ? Another fine mess the id has got me into...........generally speaking, Freud might say ? Just guessing.

It is funny though that some people (with seemingly limited headroom) think there is some ethereal quality, transcending everything humans know about the universe, at work, effectively bypassing all of our knowledge and out of the comprehension of some of the greatest minds to have have ever lived.

That's essentially a veiled argument from authority. Relative to my grandfather's youth we may be hot stuff but we're only a lifetime or two from domesticated animals as the primary mode of transportation. The universe is undoubtedly beyond the current comprehension of even today's greatest minds, though the Bybee is very unlikely to be part of that data set.

'What works' is what is really important. If acupressure works for some ailment (as it has for me) then it is unfortunate that some people will ignore it, because it doesn't make any sense (from a scientific point of view). It goes for everything else: Vitamin supplements, audio tweaks, etc.

Last edited:
'What works' is what is really important.

That is not the issue here... The issue is that he is claiming that it works via a specific mechanism yet is simply unwilling to corroborate that claim. No one would care if he was selling a some mystical product and admitted that. For me the problem is that hes claiming there is a specific quantum phenomena at work here. Its misleading to consumers, thats it..

'What works' is what is really important.
Even when any effect might be placebo............

..... because it doesn't make any sense (from a scientific point of view).
Oh it does, just not the branch of science one might expect. Psychology makes sense of perception, that's the scientific elephant in the room in such matters.

Last edited:
I believe in what I hear and experience.
Of course, nearly all of us do. Freud might say that ego wouldn't tolerate it, nor admit it, any other way.

Just that something has to give when we plainly are capable of perceiving things which aren't real or true in any external sense, yet hold them to be absolute for reasons perhaps deep and complexly rooted in the ego. The very idea that we might somehow be mistaken as to perception in audio is totally abhorrent if such things are important to the ego, as might be the case for an audiophile within the context of a social discussion, for example, I suppose.

A different branch of science, as I say.........

Status
Not open for further replies.