Buschhorn Driver Upgrade...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you using a notch filter or do you connect directly to your amp?

No notch filter-- its going directly to my amp. But I will say that I'm currently powering it from a sound card connected to my (gulp) PC and I have actually lowered the bass a bit (not much). That's simply because I am listening to these in a 12' x 12' (3.6576 meters x 3.6576 meters, for our Euro-friends) room and the bass is too much otherwise.

I'm using an SET 2A3 with these right now, but I'm building an LM3886 GainClone (OK, chip amp) this weekend and it will likely be connected to the new amp soon, in which case I may re-evaluate the notch filter.

Kofi

how they hanging ?

I can't think of any funny response to this. I need more booze.

The deal here is that a friend heard the Buschhorn MkIIs with the 108EZ and has to have a pair. I thought I'd work with the "new" 126Es and a Buschhorn-like cabinet, so I'm glad to see one is in the works.

Step on it, willya Dave?

JEEZ!

Kofi

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Kofi Annan said:
The deal here is that a friend heard the Buschhorn MkIIs with the 108EZ and has to have a pair. I thought I'd work with the "new" 126Es and a Buschhorn-like cabinet, so I'm glad to see one is in the works.

Step on it, willya Dave?

Kofi,

The pair he has to have are in your living room. Sell them to him now!!!

:)

Just got back from listening to the RonHorn A126 (now in their stop sign period)... these went from unlistenable but with promise to stunning. And there is still some tuning & tweaking to go (the stop sign period is the result of some seat-of-the-pants math0 I still have this feeling that the FE108ES is a bit more refined in the mids (but then our 126s only have ~50-100 hours on them), but other than that.... they rock -- and that is with the 4W Class A EL84 mule..

pictures promised...

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You can see where the name comes from...

Attachments

• ronhorn-a126-stopsign.jpg
    ronhorn-a126-stopsign.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 606
greetins fellas, well finally finished my b'horns(pine ply with tasmanian oak 1mm ply vaneer) and I'd thought I'd send them down the catwalk.Before you ask dave there not alnico 103's. they have the designation foster 100k03 with ceramic magnet.3watts 8ohm. they sound quite nice. I still feel they are lacking a lot of body as I'm used to the dallas II horns for 206 but the do image well, and vocalls are pleasantly forward.how could you boost the low mids to round offf the sound abit. would the extended baffle help this or does that affect further up. currently there is only a smidgeon of stuffing in the cc.hope you like cheers fergs

ps next stop A126

Attachments

• img_1675.jpg
    img_1675.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 452
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.