Building with the Soekris dam1121

Hello i have an litle problem with 2x dam1121 connected as balansed to amanero usb.I dont have try to connect amanero to pc. When i have powered all leds on two dams are blinking for 3mayby 5 seconds ant they have powered off.

All power to dams are connected corectly. Master have conected corectly amanero to j3, data, lrck,gnd,bclk.Clock- is connected to clock-to slave with short connection, clock+is connected to clock +slave. Data,lrck,bclk from j3 strap pins from master is connected short to j3 slave data in,lrck in, bclk in, gnd from master is to gnd from slave.
Master pins is conmected all via 3.3k config 0 is to gnd, data 0 is to gnd, lrcl 0 is to gnd, bclk 0 is to 3.3v power suply.
Slave pins is connected all via 3.3k ,config 0 is to 3.3v, data is to gnd, lrck 0 is to 3.3v, bclk 0 is to gnd. What about audio enable pin from j1? Why leds are powering off? Mayby i need to connect pc to amanero usb? very sory for english.. very thanks!

Usb conected to pc, and leds are still off, when i play music masters led is for moment blinking and powering off, no output still. I have searching for bugs and i have realise that i have bug in master strip connection,and haved Master pins is conmected all via 3.3k config 0 is to gnd, data 0 is to gnd, lrcl 0 is to gnd, bclk 0 is to 3.3v power suply. And i have change that data 0 is connected via 3.3k to 3.3v powwr suply , lrck 0 via 3.3k to gnd,and bclk0 is via 3.3k to gnd.for now master and slave leds are blinking,and no usb to pc connrction change this.

Hi please take a look on picture and tell me what i have done wrong .Two 1121 dams are blinking. Please helps .

Attachments

• 1121dam.jpeg
    1121dam.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 400
bmxmen:
I strongly suggest that you have a close look at the test-board drawing in the manual.
I can see a few mistakes in your sketch:
- The LED is connected wrong and only used on the master.
- The clock from the master could benefit from a LVDS buffer (MAX9180) before connected to the slave.
- All GND pins on J1, J2 and J3 are connected to ground on the test-board drawing. I can't verify if that is necessary.
- The config pins 0-3 seems ok to me.

Good luck!

Thank you. It works, I haved problems with gold pins connection. And to get output en_audio pins must be powered up via 3.3k resiistor. LEds are blinking on first start,and after 4 sek are powered off. only when i play usb for second i get blink on masters led. Picture atached for next people .

Attachments

• 1121dam.jpeg
    1121dam.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 369
If i have 7cm long cables from master clock to slave i will get benefits when i use max9180 lvds driver? Or mayby better will be tu use si570clock near slave?

Read "Example Schematics and Clocking" on page 5 in the dam1121 manual. The LDVS buffer are needed to follow specification, but it might work without if using short PCB traces.... Read the example schematics.

Flying wires are no good with high speed clocks.

Today I finally got my Soekris DAM1121 DAC module all hooked up and playing. It's controlled by the Lite version of the Audiozen module. Input is via a JL Sounds I2SoverUSB board. I've had it playing using both HQPlayer via USB from my PC workstation and also using a USB ONG connection from my Androd smartphone (with the USB Audio Pro app). Output from the DAC is temporarily routed to my Noir HPA, pending installation of some 300B tube HPA modules (scratch build versions of the Transcendent Masterpiece preamp/HPA kit).

The Soekris board is 'out of the box' so just the stock filters and firmware currently and I've not even explored the different filter options available yet. Initial SQ impressions are positive.

A bit of tidying up to do and then finish and install the 300B HPA boards and power supplies - should be good!

rai4KFq.jpg

BC3lNy0.jpg

So, with a little bit of effort I've got the terminal emulator 'talking' to the DAM1121 and i can invoke the uManager.

I've downloaded V1.21 of the DAM1121 firmware ready to run the update process but where does the downloaded file need to be located so that uManager can find it when I run the download command?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
So, with a little bit of effort I've got the terminal emulator 'talking' to the DAM1121 and i can invoke the uManager.

I've downloaded V1.21 of the DAM1121 firmware ready to run the update process but where does the downloaded file need to be located so that uManager can find it when I run the download command?

Anywhere, your terminal emulator should ask for it when you start the sending part of the file transfer....

If doubts there is a step by step guide on soekris.dk....