building the TARKUS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i tried the setup with a few short clips of movies.. the flight war scene in avatar where the chopper like planes fly around the floating stones... felt like i was getting raided by a hellicopter in real life. the whole house was literally moving from the sub bass, and the tarkus handles tremendously well everything else.

chris661 - i have thought about that, but i am not really sure about what modifications i would need to do on the crossover, besides eliminating the low pass section.

Zman01 - i really would feel intrusive if id write to paul carmody - and i have been checking his page a lot lately and i really do not see much activity..

BUT on the forum where posted the original build log (PartsExpress) i have seen a thread with a guy (bolland) who has made a series of surround speakers designed to go with the tarkus called the Armadillos. i have been checking out this design, but i really dont know how it will turn out.. its very cheap to make anyway.. but they are bass reflex, and i really do not know if this is necessary for the surround channels?

in the end i kind of think i would prefer to modify the tarkus tops to make surrounds since at the moment i at least know i like the sound of them..

hm.. i actually think i might share a pic on twitter, sine paul has an account...

a few words that meant a lot to me :) btw - tomas lainas is my name in real life.

attachment.php

Attachments

• undefinitiontwitter.jpg
    undefinitiontwitter.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 457
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.