Building Elvee's Circlophone: Documentation, Parts, Accessories, & beginner friendly

It is unclear from the picture but Q5 and Q6 are 1cm above the plate, I expected as the spacing necessary to bring them each a small heatsink.
As soon as I finished this module completely and if it sounds (I hope) I'll post a nice picture.

Thank you for all the valuable information.

Regards!

Hi everyone!

I finished the mechanical part (not very successful) test of my amplifier and I will make the listening tests in the hope that all goes well.
I will available shortly typons with the addition of shottky TO220 when I have confirmation that my circuit is correct.

Regards!

Attachments

• DSC_0590.png
    DSC_0590.png
    846.5 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC_0591.png
    DSC_0591.png
    937 KB · Views: 630
One hundred percent

My Circlophone work properly. At the moment I can not tell if the sound is perfect for my tests were done on an old speaker rotten and more on a single channel.
To offset output information displayed on 0.31 in 200mv position of my multimeter (??).
I have no breath or noise in my speaker but the heatsink is too small because I think it is a little warm.

I will now get a complete with a better choice of components and equipped with output protection.
I will return on listening to my speakers.
Elipson - Prestige 3

Regards!

My circlophone spent the torture tests.

Hi everyone!

I conducted listening tests for several hours at high volume on my speakers (with a protective device specially made) and no problems.
The sound is very good with maybe a little too much midrange for my taste.
The dubious choice 2N3440 apparently no problem but very hot.
The final stage (TIP3055) it remains correct level of heat.
In summary, a pleasant achieve a good result with this amplifier.

Regards!

Attachments

• DSC_0599.png
    DSC_0599.png
    683.7 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Hello Project16,

Very nice build. A complete D-I-Y.

As I mentioned earlier, Motorola 2N3440 datasheet is quiet about its fT spec and others say it is a 15Mhz device at minimum. I don' think that it is capable to rise up to even 40Mhz at best. Elvee suggests to use a transistor that typical value of fT at 80Mhz minimum. Otherwise, sustained performance may not be achieved.

Terranigma thank you!

It is clear that my choice of components is not the cheapest but I was only here at hand.
Certainly with the components recommended this amp should be better, but with means testing components was interesting.
I recommend highly to those who are reluctant to build this amp!

Regards!