Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

I was using the TIP122 a "REAL" darlington but the results were exactly the same.

For some reason or other the BC550C isn't acting as I would expect it to. Its perfectly OK and has been swapped with a new one.

I'm not familiar with the maths of working out how the BC550C should act in this configuration. If I were to swap it with a virtual zener, what voltage should the zener be ?

I'm not suggesting that I will substitute a zener, I am just trying to appreciate what is happening in this circuit. Or NOT in my case.

I'm having a bid of a headache with the delay section.

How much of a delay should this circuit provide ?

For some reason or other the base of my Relay Driver isn't reaching ON for about 10 minutes. If I omit the BC550 I get virtually no delay. I can work around the problem if I could figure out how long the relay should be de-energised for.

The junction of the timing R & C are rising to 12V as I would expect. The issue seems to be the use of the BC550C as a Zener to de-sensitise the relay driver.

I'm not using the BC517 I'm using 2 x BC550Cs connected as a darlington.

Are you running stock values?should be about 10 seconds.

Its coming to life

The DCB1 is slowly coming to life.

Just waiting for a few components to finish the build.

Those of you that are real "spotters" will notice that the board isn't fully drilled yet. The BC560s need a few more holes.

Attachments

• DSIR9350.JPG
    DSIR9350.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 365
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Spooky hum problem

Hi all,

i have a funny problem with my DCB1.
Since i have finished my F5 on sunday, i have disconnected my 300B mono's and now the F5 runs with the DCB1.

Now the following happened:
If i connect only the right channel from the DCB1 to the F5, all is dead silent.
When the left channel followed i have a hum on both channels.
If i disconnect the right channel, the hum stays on the left channel.

All that is intependend to the connected inputs and the mains cable...:mad:
Yes, if i disconnect everything including the mains, the problem stays!

Very crazy... Perhaps someone has a good idea...:eek: