Build your own 2x12" TH (The Kraken 212 TH)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you cant keep a real music lover down ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tang Band W6-1139SI 6-1/2" Subwoofer

i picked the subs up REALLY cheap,

a little finish sanding/work and this will be the subwoofer for my new boom box build :D

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=320-302

yes it sounds great,

not ive tested nothing.

the only math i did was *guess* that the cone area of a 6.5 is slightly less then half that of a 12.

so i divided all the numbers on the plans by 100 and multiplied that number by 42 (42%??)

my thinking is if the proportion of cone area to box physics is the same, i should get similar performance :D

it definitely gets very low and is smooth in its delivery

thank you Petter Persson for the design :)

Last edited:
Sorry, i meant for your mini version of the horn

i arrived at my box calculations with some very basic math

i divided all the numbers on the plans by 100 and multiplied that number by 42 (42%??)

seems i was wrong though because it seems a 6.5 is closer to 1/3 not 1/2 the cone area of a 12?

ive scaled many designs like this over the years, find a box design i like, find a driver/s i want to use, and built something i believe might work.

ive had good results so far, i never measure anything and always get lots of bass and never built anything i didnt enjoy using.

you cant keep a real music lover down ;)

287m9zb.jpg

So, you didn't use the push/pull of the original design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.