Bugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Odd. I just got one for a very old subscribed thread (about tinnitus), but not for the ones I subscribed to after the upgrade, including the ones that were in Upgrade Island... I guess it'll sort itself out in time, I'll keep checking the front page for updates.

Edit: Would I be asking too much if everybody who posted in a thread was notified in case of replies (the 'unsubscribe' option is in the notification, so it shouldn't be as intrusive as it sounds...)

Last edited:
Thanks Sangramfor directing me here from the old Tinitus thread.

Can someone tell me how to restore the email notifications of new posts on selected threads - a very useful facility indeed.

Without it, I find that I now only visit the diyAudio site occassionally and am getting left behind very quickly - hard to catch up.

Thank you, anyone.

Odd. I just got one for a very old subscribed thread (about tinnitus), but not for the ones I subscribed to after the upgrade, including the ones that were in Upgrade Island... I guess it'll sort itself out in time, I'll keep checking the front page for updates.

Edit: Would I be asking too much if everybody who posted in a thread was notified in case of replies (the 'unsubscribe' option is in the notification, so it shouldn't be as intrusive as it sounds...)
Following best practice, it is an opt in process. You can set your own user options to subscribe to a thread when you post.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
One wish... could we have picture/attachments as pop-up (separate window) as earlier?

Dan has assured me that the attachment scheme we had when we 1st got the new forum will be returning... i found that i could open any attachment in a new window by countrol-clicking (right click in Windows-Land?) and selecting "open in new window" which got me around my biggest objection to the new scheme (and now i miss it :(). This may be a browser specific option thou.

dave

is this a bug or is my browser set wrong?

When I click on an attachment the pic opens in the same window.
The properties box show "open in same window".
I have Firefox set to "open new windows in a new tab" and "when I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

Last edited:
Front page threads bug?

I have mine set for viewing the last 100 posts. I made a few posts earlier tonight in the Pass Labs forum and they never showed on the front page, but the replies did.

Cleared cache and cookies to no avail... replies were there, mine weren't.

BUT... my posts in the Tubes/Valves showed up fine.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.