Bugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Where did "New posts" go? :scratch:

It was figured that new posts was a duplicate of the home page... the real estate was used to put members back.

Perhaps the home page can have a link at the bottom of the list that takes you further back in time (older updates in the example below) to make them completely equivalent... example here: http://www.audiocircle.com/ (you may have to be logged in to see the same view i do)

dave

It was figured that new posts was a duplicate of the home page... the real estate was used to put members back.

Huh?
I don't understand what you mean.
The 'see new posts' page I could get on the old software is certainly nothing like the present home page, which simply lists the forum areas.
As for real estate and putting members back, you got me there....

John

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Huh?
I don't understand what you mean.
The 'see new posts' page I could get on the old software is certainly nothing like the present home page, which simply lists the forum areas.
As for real estate and putting members back, you got me there....

John

The main page of diyAudio that I see, lists threads sorted by last post date.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    147 KB · Views: 247
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi guys.

I removed the new posts link 2 days ago. I thought it was just redundant functionality, as we have our customized front page which lists all new posts. Evidently, some people use it for seeing their own specific new posts, so I will restore the link, somewhere :)

Space in the blue horizontal navbar is precious, especially for the 20% of our users who use 1024x768 or lower resolutions. We've tried hard to cater for them (you'll also see shortened forum names in the recent threads list and navigation specifically to cater for them).

Thank you for reporting the problem, I take all the blame for being trigger happy on the delete button!

Jason.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I've added a visited link color. It's subtle ;) but I think enough. I tried a more obvious color but it turned the place into a checkerboard. I might be persuaded to revisit this when things die down a bit and I can recode all menu/navigation/core links to ignore the visited link color.

I've added a visited link color.

Thanks, Jason!

It's subtle ;) but I think enough.

Not to sound ungrateful, but to my eyes, it's a bit too subtle.

I tried a more obvious color but it turned the place into a checkerboard.

Can you just lighten it up a wee bit?

Here's as it is now:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And here it is simply lightened up a bit:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.