• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi LeonB

"One" could- but I bet many present and potential customers couldn't :)

I wasn't been in any way adversely critical. The overall approach seems highly versatile and easily implemented. And all that's needed is a simple add on single input comparator that I'm sure TP will provide in due course. I was just pointing this out to try and save Russ and Brian from any problems with buyers who hadn't realised this before purchase!

Best wishes

Paul

does that mean if we're using the typical usb->spdif converters like the hiface, wavelink, evo or legato, the buffalo III won't work without the 4-channel input?
Any consumer level SPDIF input will have to go through fi. a comparator to change it to TTL level. The BIII supports TTL level, I2S and DSD. The EVO offers I2S, which you could use directly. Another option is to use the Toslink module (but that limits you to 24/96).

As a side note: Let's not forget many of the existing users already have a Mux, which also offers a TTL SPDIF (or I2S) output.

@Paul: I'm already hard at work to write a new integration guide, now for the BIII. Rest assured: this will be covered.

I think Brian mentioned that there will be a stemped every 6 hours. It is in his effort to be fair to all the time zones. So if I'm right there will be 2-3 more chances to get this one today.
I want to add sidecar and be done with purchase, but don't seem to be able to do that. Since I already have I2S source as well as SPDIF, this is a must for me...

Last edited:
SideCar: 2.3" x 1.525"
SPDIF4: 3.05" x 2.087"

One thing to note about sidecar. It should really be used with the DAC 9bit mode because the PCM data signal needs to go only to D2 .(This is to make it so that the 4 SPDIF inputs are available as well when switched in) The DAC sounds awesome in 9-bit mode, but its just something to remember when setting things up with sidecar.

Cheers!
Russ

Brian/Russ: I managed to order the bIII + legato + toslink module from you guys, but missed out on the 4 channel spdif input because i didn't know that it was necessary for my consumer level spdif gear, so i'm going to order it now and was wondering if it's possible to ship everything together in one package (and hopefully not pay double shipping?) Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.