• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you know,

I blindly read about this design and sent my money on March 18.

Call me stupid but I never made any query until 3 months later, May 15th.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1826822#post1826822

All of my posts then were polite recommendations on how to keep track and let people know what is going on, so at least delays would be understood, do a search yourself and see.

Only recently have I begun to smell the rat and decided to take interest in this GB and ramp up my criticism of what is going on here, and ONLY after posting some personal info did any promise of action happen.

And still we see people asking for leniency and claims about unacceptability about this method of arm twisting.

If you had taken my advice from the start and simply be honest(if you were) and state what the delays etc were about I am sure nobody would have had a problem and there would have been less abuse and people getting upset and saying they are leaving diyaudio.

Mind you we are yet to get any confirmation of the promise.
Honesty is always the best policy.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
ljk11 said:
or was the last blurry undated photo of a stack of boards another "tactic" ?

Hardly, you can see from the EXIF it's from a Blackberry that Rhys is known to use and dated July 9th.

There should be no doubt he has most of not all the boards. I'm also going to give him the benefit of the doubt even at this stage and suggest that everything he posts is in his own mind and at the time he posts it what he actually thinks he will do. If you think about it carefully that's the only explanation that makes any sense.

The problem is he cannot execute. Mentally incapable of connecting that final set of dots. For reasons we can only guess at.

Unfortunately even the reduction of the job to "ship one parcel" that Per has kindly allowed for has not yielded any productive outcome. I really want to add "yet..." to the end of that sentence, but let's face it there is nothing to suggest, 48h after the deadline, that this time is going to be any different than before.

We should probably start a serious discussion about what to do next.

Is there a responsible adult at Rhys' place that somebody could talk to, to let them know that Rhys is heading for serious trouble if this isn't sorted out? A little help from someone over there just to put the stuff in a box and stamp an address on, that's all that's needed.

Failing that either someone drives out there and physically picks the stuff up, or we resort to getting the authorities involved.

I think we should look at it as fraud of several thousand dollars, and act accordingly ... not because I'm out to get Rhys, but because I see it as being the cleanest and simplest way to get everything resolved: Some inspectors show up at Rhys' place, he or those he lives with go "oh '(%&!" and ... since he has the stuff .. it gets dealt with.

If the package hasn't arrived tomorrow Rhys did not send the package as he promised. When I order from Farnell I usually have the package the day after but UPS is used and he uses FedEx although I don't think they are much slower.

Plan C is that Alan E drives from Farham (200 km) and fetch the stuff. I will contribute with some petrol money.

I hope there will be cooperation on Rhys' side for plan C. I no longer know what to think. I'm in for covering fuel expanses as well and I call all participants to take part.
this does not mean I'm stopping my efforts to make Rhys act and I still call all to do so. keep in mind that Alan will also have to collect shipping money from Rhys and make sure all stuff is in so some active help on Rhys side is required.
Alan, thank you. keep us updated regarding schedule and costs.

I strongly recommend that Alan, if he goes there, should go there together with police. I´d feel uncomfortable to meet such a strange guy. We draw a picture from Rhys of a guy that can not execute things. But he organized to have a web site, ordered things, posts in the forum… Maybe he has not all the things at home we ordered and he just don´t want to come out with this truth. Then he is mentally sick. sitting on a chair, looking at the white wall and pretends to have a 14 hours working day and family. I don´t really say it is dangerous to go there, but things are already out of balance, he constantly lies for just have another two days before it went out proofed that he lied. What he does to PA, cheating him after he spent several days to help him…:whazzat: Alan, you should not go there alone. Why not ask at your police station what to do? Maybe you need some proof, let them look in this thread to know what´s up. get the list from PA, that they know it is a quite a crime-like situation and of cause feel free to collect our emails. It should not turn out that he is just not at home and that was it, after driving 200km. Rhys like answer would be " you idiots, your fault, i just was around the corner to buy a bottle of milk".

so please, ask the police, actually we´re far beyond that step.
stefan

I tried telephoning Rhys on the land line and the mobile just after midday, but both calls were answerphone.
I'll try again around 1pm and 1330hrs and if need be after his work tonight.

I will drive down and collect the box and the transformers any day that suits Rhys, the school is on holiday.

hi logical, keep calm. rhys will do nothing. he can´t. we have to encourage andrew to drive by and have a look at the mess next week or so. we should spend some money for andrew for gas and a few drinks. rhys fools us at the moment to the… dont´know… 6th time or so. but we are hifi enthusiasts, calm guys.
we should not stop to think about the sheffield police to go there with andrew. i wish i could convince him. (police it not my first address to speak to normally).
but as i said, don´t be too nervous if nothing happens. read the thread.
best
s.

andrew, i also can ask the police in germany and get me some tips. It is not to throw that guy into jail, just for withness and security. Just shoot me a mail or PN

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
With Andrew T. nearby, and P-A in voice contact with Rhys, I think we can relax a little and give this a few days to resolve itself.

While for most people arranging a Fedex pickup is trivial - leave it for your wife to hand over, bring the package into work with you - they can be a total pain if you don't have those options open and you are working during the day.

/R

rjm said:
While for most people arranging a Fedex pickup is trivial - leave it for your wife to hand over, bring the package into work with you - they can be a total pain if you don't have those options open and you are working during the day.
and it gets much worse if you are forced to work away from home for extended spells as in Rhysh case.
Possibly compounded with a heath problem that is being made worse with the pressure of taking on too much.

during the long way i forgot what all was about. hey rjm, i received my new benz glider and i´m really keen to listen to your phonoclone design :) I have to reread the technical advise for the transformers.
at the moment i´ve a pass pearl. amazing good soundstage. I´m excited!!

best
stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.