• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 mono block

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very Fast Progress

I think algar_emi has finished his amp now :D

so we can ask him where his driver now ?
i will wait until he finish it

Algar after i calculate the driver some of my friend
want to use Jensen for bridge, maybe you can
make it design too for the pcb

I'm working on a very simple DRV134 driver PCB that will include the +/-15V supplies. I'll post it when done, possibly by next week.

What do mean by Jensen. Is it to use Jensen as coupling cap on the driver PCB? The basic DRV134 PCB doesn't need any coupling cap. It is DC coupled. The BPA150 PCB are coupled using big 10-15uF fim caps. The PCB is big enough to accept Jensen cap if you like. Anyway the BPA150 PCB was not of my design. I ordered the superb PCB done by alexw88.

I would like to add the option of using the Jensen transfo on my DRV134 PCB as an option but only if it is easy to do.

I understand that the DRV134 is providing gain for the BPA150. Using the transfo, I will need to use an op-amp to get the missing gain, correct? I suspect that a transfo driver PCB would be quite different than the DRV134 circuitry.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

si_jopie0382 said:
Hi Alexw88,

Jeffry and i will use jensen JT-10KB-DPC for input transformer.

Please let us know if you finished test and measurement
with lundahl

Thanks
Jopie

Build Best PCB for Jensen Transformer
Indonesia want to buy it 4 pcb :D EXACTLY :smash:

Why ? we cant afford JEFF ROWLAND Amp
So Build as good as he build, this another picture
http://www.shine7.com/audio/jeff.htm

Attachments

• jensen.jpg
    jensen.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 960
alex88, it looks like the transformer is likely to degrade at very high frequencies regardless of the input impedance. the graph picture leaves of at about 11k. did you get a result at a higher frequency. do you expect the results to change when you add the buffer/driver into the equation. i believe you planned on using a predriver for impedance matching???? how did you choose that particular lundahl model from all of the choices offered. very nice work and thanks

I think the frequency response is flat enough with low source impedance, at <-1dB @ 30kHz I would not worry. This test is only driven with my sound card which has a output impedance of 560ohm. If driven by active preamp or opamp the frequency response should get better.

I chose 1545a because Jeff Rowland used this model and it is not very expensive. (JRDG used LL1545a in Model 201/501 and the Concerto preamp)

I don't have a solid plan yet... but eventually I may build an active preamp and use the LL1545a in the BPA300.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.