Bought a XY LM3886 Kit.

Thought I would mention that I have been running the stock chiniese parts (well I bought replacement power caps as one came damaged and I didn't want to wait) it shipped with and I have been quite happy with these boards.

I would be curious to try some better quality components but honestly I'm sceptical I'll notice any difference with my "Tannoy Oxford Gold" speakers.

I'm in the process of building another one but with a ne555 tone/preamp board I got on ebay for ~$10. (my friend 'stole' mine)

I wasn't all that impressed with the volume but I think the preamp will solve that.

The lm4766 sounds interesting as it can do bridged/parallel for more power so that might be my next project and i'll try doing point to point vs a premade pcb.

Thought I would mention that I have been running the stock chiniese parts (well I bought replacement power caps as one came damaged and I didn't want to wait) it shipped with and I have been quite happy with these boards.

I would be curious to try some better quality components but honestly I'm sceptical I'll notice any difference with my "Tannoy Oxford Gold" speakers.

I'm in the process of building another one but with a ne555 tone/preamp board I got on ebay for ~$10. (my friend 'stole' mine)

I wasn't all that impressed with the volume but I think the preamp will solve that.

The lm4766 sounds interesting as it can do bridged/parallel for more power so that might be my next project and i'll try doing point to point vs a premade pcb.

you may be happier with a larger C4 (say 100-220 uf) and a larger R3 (27k or 33k). the former extends the bass response and the latter raises the gain from 23x to 28x if 27k or 34x if 33k).

mind if i ask which seller supplied your board(s)?

Long time no posting in this thread.
Looks like someone in China has been following this thread.
This is the result.

ScreenShot060_zps6fd9e0c8.png

The link is here:
2 x Super NS LM3886 LM3886TF Audio Power Amplifier Kit | eBay

Looks nice, I'll have to buy to tell my opinion,

Untill now, I still play (every day) the stock XY boards. No mod. It's been a couple of years now.
No issues at all.

Good afternoon! And thanks to all the participants of the discussion! Read the whole thread. Gathered this amplifier. I have a question to the experts: How to make it quieter half? I've got too loud preamp, аnd very sensitive acoustics. Tried to put a prime divisor of two resistors at the input. Works, but the sound - crap. It may be worth a try to replace the resistors or capacitors in the circuit?

Long time no posting in this thread.
Looks like someone in China has been following this thread.
This is the result.

ScreenShot060_zps6fd9e0c8.png

The link is here:
2 x Super NS LM3886 LM3886TF Audio Power Amplifier Kit | eBay

Looks nice, I'll have to buy to tell my opinion,

Untill now, I still play (every day) the stock XY boards. No mod. It's been a couple of years now.
No issues at all.

Did anyone test these?

I'm quite curious wether there is a "standard" pcb layout available that has a zobel and thiele circuit that I can just make myself or order online. I know about the chipamp kit boards but they are quite expensive

I have seen the thread but even there people are saying that things should be done differently. It almost seems as if there is no way to do I right because in every thread people are saying that things are wrong.

On the other hand I have seen a publication of a well known amplifier designer in the Netherlands (triodedick) that built one with those XY kits and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

It seems so strange that even though there are a lot of complaints about the circuits and layouts that nobody designed a proper layout that has it all.

A good side effect would be that the eBay sellers might copy it as they have done in the past and then maybe less people have problems with building this amp

I know of TWO quite different XY chipamp PCBs.
I have both.

There is no reason to condemn them with
Yes I have this kit..
Not so good for price, no bass and very noisy
They are excellent value for money.
They do not lack bass or bass extension, they are ONLY PCBs.

They are not "noisy". Yes they have an error in the Signal ground to Power ground when used in a stereo amp implementation. That error does not affect monoblock builds.

If any of these alleged problems affected Philfr, then that is down to an incorrect assembly or selection of inappropriate components, not the fault of the XY PCB