Bob Pease on the New LM4562

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sounds great to me also

I got my samples and put them in my modified Marantz CD63 CD player in place of the OP-249's of my original mod 10 years ago. Bass was equal and everything else was better, in a not at all subtle way.

The sound is very fast, transparent, dynamic, focused, and noiseless. Before the substitution I had a bit of general haze that the music emerged from. There is now just silence that notes appear from and have greater attack and dynamics.

Its taking some getting used to. My old opamps were euphonic with their warm, fuzzy haze. The LM4562 is just clear and crisp in comparison, with attention-grabbing dynamics. I may try to tame that with higher ESR bypass caps!

I'm ordering some SOIC samples now. Its worth burning my fingers on my DVD player and sound card to use these guys!

Can't wait for the quad also - I've been wanting to find exceptional ones for the front end of my Crown Macro Reference amp.

Re: Sounds great to me also

markk02474 said:
I got my samples and put them in my modified Marantz CD63 CD player in place of the OP-249's of my original mod 10 years ago. Bass was equal and everything else was better, in a not at all subtle way.

The sound is very fast, transparent, dynamic, focused, and noiseless. Before the substitution I had a bit of general haze that the music emerged from. There is now just silence that notes appear from and have greater attack and dynamics.

Its taking some getting used to. My old opamps were euphonic with their warm, fuzzy haze. The LM4562 is just clear and crisp in comparison, with attention-grabbing dynamics. I may try to tame that with higher ESR bypass caps!

I'm ordering some SOIC samples now. Its worth burning my fingers on my DVD player and sound card to use these guys!

Can't wait for the quad also - I've been wanting to find exceptional ones for the front end of my Crown Macro Reference amp.

Let them break in some time before replacing your caps. They takes about 100 hours to play correctly. They will have mellower sound later and you will not loose definition. At first when new, bass is lacking and the hi-mids are a little hard.

Marc

a lot of the approval is from the email address you use. if you use a common ISP they will probably deny you, if you have a business email then it will be ok (over here its like that anyways)

but there is also a shortage, because when i first went there it said you could get 5 DIP or 3 metal, now its 3 DIP and 1 metal.

I have a small site which gives free email addresses, so i just created one on there which forwards to my common ISP one :)

Anyways i ended up getting 5 DIP and 1 Metal can
they are defiantly quieter in my mic preamp! i havent tried them in any output signal path yet.

Doovieman said:
Ah, ok, that makes sense. Is there an equivalent part for 8 ohm loads?
Are you wanting to use these to directly drive speakers?? I think they may be a little too short in the current realm to do any good! These devices are simple opamps, not power opamps like the LM3886 etc. They are not intended to drive large speakers. If you are talking about using them in applications where they are in the guts of an amp or filter (as opposed to the output stage), the the load of your speakers won't matter.

Can you give a little more information about your intended application? Maybe we can answer questions a little better then.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.