blown two zx 700.5s and two deq 9200a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Look at the pin numbering on the attached image.

You need to list the voltages again and you need to determine why you have only 6v on pin 3 but have 12v on pin 1 of the driver board. They should be connected directly together (~0 ohms between them).

You didn't say what the problem was with your original supply. Was the voltage on it low?

my supply took a crap yesterday and went up in smoke... My son was sitting here playing around and took advantage of the two wires and decided to connect them..

Pin 3 appears to connect up to a 2200 ohm resistor, then from there goes to another ic.... my ic is a lm361n.

In the attached image, all points marked in blue are directly connected to pin 1 of the vertical board. Find the ones, on your amp, that are not directly connected (~0 ohms) to pin 1 of the vertical board.

http://www.bcae1.com/temp/IMG_0554b.jpg

Perry, the board I have doesn't look anything like what you have posted..

q01 checks out, that is the transistor that is burned.
C06 checks out too, but it is an aluminum capacitor rather than an inductor and comes straight off the tl494 pin 12.
r08 does not check out.

what do you think?

I forgot that the boards were different.

Are you sure that's not an LM319? That board is for the class D amp and isn't the LM339 that I was referring to. No, i have the lm 361n. you can see it in the pics i posted. The pics i posted are linked to some other amp that has a transistor burned which isn't the case here, but it is the same as mine.

Does your amp have two 8 pin ICs near the vertical board (possibly U02 and U701 -- marked A393)? yes it does. the u02 is very close and the u701 is a bit further away.

OK. I've found some photos I have of that amp.

Which parts have you replaced in this amp? I have replaced irf 3205, irf 9640, the 1 ohm resistors, And waiting on one capacitor to come in that is right under the transformer. It is right next to the r03

Were you giving me the voltages on the LM361 previously when it was supposed to be the LM339?
yes sir.

Perry Babin;1999603]Did any of the IRF640s fail in the class D amp? none were burned, but i have had this amp since 2005 or so, so I figured if I had it open, might as well replace for new now. I replaced everything together except the kb688 and kd718. I forgot to mention that I had replaced the 640s

It doesn't appear that those are causing the amp to go into protect.

Without having a schematic diagram, it's difficult to tell you what to check next. If you disable the protection circuit, that would allow the amp to power up and you could determine if excessive current draw or voltage on one channel was causing it to go into protect.

If you do this, it 'could' cause further damage. To minimize the chance of doing more damage, you would have to have all of the transistors tightly clamped to the heatsink and have either a current limiter or a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line.

If you want to defeat the protection circuit, lifting Q04 should do it.

It doesn't appear that those are causing the amp to go into protect.

Without having a schematic diagram, it's difficult to tell you what to check next. If you disable the protection circuit, that would allow the amp to power up and you could determine if excessive current draw or voltage on one channel was causing it to go into protect.

If you do this, it 'could' cause further damage. To minimize the chance of doing more damage, you would have to have all of the transistors tightly clamped to the heatsink and have either a current limiter or a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line.

If you want to defeat the protection circuit, lifting Q04 should do it.

I am game to do it, but my question to you, Is there a good chance we would be able to check voltages and determine, or would we be just as blind going in as we are now without a schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.