blown two zx 700.5s and two deq 9200a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, No lockwashers that I see. It has clips in the center that don't even let the screws bottom out. I am just noticing something, I have my transistors here and two of the IRF 9640 are marked IRF 640. I am sure this passed me over seeing the 640 termination and I bought and installed all IRF 9640. Is this an error on my part or is this an error on kicker. If it is my error in which positions should it use the IRF 640?

Next area, No power up as of yet. The center leg on the 3205 has B+ but no signal on the other two pins.

Give me the DC voltage on all 16 pins of the TL494. Place the black meter probe on chassis ground. Place the red meter probe on the point where you need to measure the voltage.

Pin 1: 0.0
Pin 2: 0.0
Pin 3: .25
Pin 4: 13.0
Pin 5: 5.0
Pin 6: 5.0
Pin 7: 5.0
Pin 8: 0
Pin 9: .25
Pin 10: 0
Pin 11: 13.7
Pin 12: 1.5
Pin 13: .25
Pin 14: .68
Pin 15: 5.0
Pin 16: .6

Now I put the black meter on the ground termina, the terminal on the amp labled ground was not giving me anything. But later found a different ground terminal that worked fine.

No, I used a ground terminal on the board that didn't have voltage, but i did use the large terminal. Then I found another ground terminal on the board that was ok and checked out. You say chasis ground and I am a car man so that tells me to look for something other than the supply side or hookups. Anyways, the tl494 does not have a dimple on it. and yes the 11 is 3.7 sorry bout the mixup.

Give me the DC voltage on all 14 pins of the LM339. Place the black meter probe on chassis ground. Place the red meter probe on the point where you need to measure the voltage. Be careful. Don't allow your probe to slip and short between the pins of the IC. If the probes aren't sharp, sharpen them. Have the transistors clamped and either a 10 amp fuse or a 2 ohm current limiting resistor in series with the B+ line.

LM339
Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.