Bliesma M74 series 3” dome midrange lineup

The amps build into the wall and have fibre optic Ethernet inputs. So there’s very short speaker wire runs to the drivers.

All my speaker builds are in-walls.

Is that legal in your market? Surprising.

Aside from code issues, it seems like an amp plate on the wall would also look hideous compared to the sensible approach of a remote rack and running multi core in wall rated speaker cables.

Is that legal in your market? Surprising.

Aside from code issues, it seems like an amp plate on the wall would also look hideous compared to the sensible approach of a remote rack and running multi core in wall rated speaker cables.

Just as legal as these are:

DSP750 In-Wall Loudspeaker

I prefer 3-5 ft of speaker cable rather than 30-500ft from the amps to the drivers. And not very hideous when covered by a grill. But what is hideous is a bunch of big boxes in a room. It’s also nice to remap the surround processor to unlimited theatre zones with a click of the tablet remote. Hard to do that with analog speaker cables. So you’re forced to get a different processor for each zone. At $30k a piece can get expensive.

Last edited:
That’s the measurement from the amp outputs, with the DSP and DAC in the signal path as well.

Very impressive figures for a power amp for sure but competently designed DACs and DSP are so much below -107dB they add practically nothing.

Somewhere I've got a nearly 20 year old cheap 12ch ADDA convertor with DSP mixer knocking about that does -118dB or better.

Very impressive figures for a power amp for sure but competently designed DACs and DSP are so much below -107dB they add practically nothing.

Somewhere I've got a nearly 20 year old cheap 12ch ADDA convertor with DSP mixer knocking about that does -118dB or better.

Show me a power amp that does that. Let alone a DSP/DAC/Amp in one. The Benchmark only measures -106dB THD+N in low gain mode with the input stage bypassed. And needs 9.8v to drive to rated power in that mode. Combine it with the latest Benchmark DAC and it will be closer to -100dB THD+N @1w and 1khz from the amp outputs.

Regarding your 20 year old unit, I think you’re mistaking SNR for THD+N. Analyzers couldn’t even measure -118dB THD+N 20 years ago.

Just want to clarify that an amp is useless without source gear. So the only measurement that matters is the total system performance. From the source to the amp binding posts. And the measurements that I shared is a total system measurement. 1khz test tone played in the Roon media player, over Ethernet, into the DAC/DSP/Amp, and out the binding posts into a 4 ohm load. With the DSP volume in Roon set to a level that outputted 1w from the amps.

That is prototype

Attachments

• M142A FRQ.jpg
    M142A FRQ.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 561
  • Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 19-36-57 M142 FDZ5 (002) pdf.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 19-36-57 M142 FDZ5 (002) pdf.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 556
You are right, a M74D would be very very expensive, think in terms of €3.5-5k/pcs but possibly well worth it together with the T25D-6. Either S.S 21WE or the 8" Purifi. I was checking the non-linear distortion and IMD of the PTT6.5W08
which shows a significant improvement over their first release which was the 4ohm, the 8ohm's IMD is on par with the 18WE, so well done Purifi. No third party evaluation of the PTT6.5M0* but Cms improved (lower compliance) and
sensitivity went up, so great stuff happening over there.

WE is the Elipticor series.

Last edited:
In other words, cross contamination of both types or one crosses over into the other and vice versa. D'Appolito in my view is a Line Array consisting of your traditional 3-4-way with tweeter, midrange and woofer, with the option of using multiple woofers spread out on the vertical axis like

W
M
T
M
W

Line Source is focused on "multi point source" along the vertical axis with the option of filling the horizontal axis with tweeters, midranges and sometimes woofers. But often, there is T+M in one cabinet and the woofers in another cabinet.

T,M,W
T,M,W
T,M,W
T,M,W
..etc

Attachments

• 2077807-f090be3c-infinity-rs1b-line-array-loudspeaker-system.jpg
    2077807-f090be3c-infinity-rs1b-line-array-loudspeaker-system.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 351